Illinois Chain-O-Lakes flooded and no wake >

Illinois Chain-O-Lakes flooded and no wake

Notices

Illinois Chain-O-Lakes flooded and no wake

Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Illinois Chain-O-Lakes flooded and no wake

Lower River closed and the upper river and lakes are all no wake. Water levels went up really quick from all the rain. Busiest inland waterway in the USA is shut down! Weather Band radio was calling for 3-5' waves on Lake Michigan. I am going to Lake Winnebago this weekend for the Oshkosh Thunder Poker Run. Someday I am going to just leave my boat in Florida where at least you have a chance to boat more than 5-10 weekends a year.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Oshkosh Thunder still has 10 openings and can take last minute entries! They will have 3 helicopters there, one being Dean from "The Art of Design" There is a rumor Wyatt Fountain is coming. I wonder if he is planning to be on the worlds fastest Fountain that is coming? JBS Mystic turbine boat is a possiblity as well.

No flooding there on Lake Winnebago. Too big of a Lake to be effected by a little rain.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 06-10-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:37 AM
yss
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah its a bummer. The season is so short to begin with. Then in the past three years we have had the system shut down for extended periods, numerous times, due to flooding. The water came up fast this time. I had to take the windshield off my boat last night to get it off the lift.

BTW... I heard the world's fastest fountain future home will be on the Chain.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used to be on the COL all the time when I lived in the NW Subs. Sorry to hear that, but I been there before. Ready to go skiing and no wake for weeks.
I just saw in the news that, Lake Delton (Tommy Bartlett Ski show CTR ) drained. I wonder if it ever fill up again??
Old 06-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Lake Winnebago has come up about 5-6" since the weekend. No flooding but should be careful as the higher lake level can release some debris from shorelines. Plans are to get Lake Delton fixed but have not heard any timelines.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:52 PM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any idea how strong the current is in the river in front of Sweetwater? I bet is going pretty good after all of the rain.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered

Have not been up the river since the rains, you can bet it is running pretty good. Heading to Waterfest Thurs PM to see the Bo Deans, pending rains again. The harbor in Stockbridge was muddy brown Sunday afternoon and filled with logs from the little creek that feeds it.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

Not sure about the current in the river, but the parking lot at Sweet Water Marine should be pretty calm!!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

Be carefull at Winnebago. Just recieved a call from my brother an hour ago and he hit a submerged 30 foot long 20 inch diameter tree at high speed. Took off his outdrive and took on water. He did managed to call for help and have the boat towed in before it sunk. The tree was also found and towed to shore by the sherriffs dept, someone had cut it down with a chainsaw and let it float away. Lots of other debris out there.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Brad, I would love to do the run but its to early for me. I thought it was in august?

Quick Reply: Illinois Chain-O-Lakes flooded and no wake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.