Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!! >

Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!

Notices

Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I had a yellowish-green EP and a solid wood Connely (anyone remember what they were made of? it was beautiful) back around '77 - '78.
ohh the memories.. I love it.. I had a woodie O'brian.. Geen and "wood".. Weight a ton,, but it was a fun skii... but I don't know what the woods were made of.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

So here's a thought (while we are stealing this thread a bit)
I think we need to get all the ole' timers and go skiing .. Either at the next PR event or just getting together somewhere, FLA?? LOTO ?? I'm up for it for about a 10 minutes slide..
Next year I'll go 15.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARADOX
LMAO
yea I miss LOTO...I had a 18 foot donzi and a 16 foot checkmate 14 foot aluminum fishing boat and a 14 foot 2 person sail boat...the 18 foot donzi was plenty of boat other than the buisy holiday weekends...lived at 10mm in sunrise beach...i think thay built codos there now called sunrise ridge...and there was a party cove there back in the 70s also...I will try to get back there this year...we should all get together and do some skiing...that would be fun....
At 41 your still a kid. (i'm almost 51)
Back in 70's 80's the LOTO was different and it was great. You had a 21' boat and the king of the lake.. Now.. all condos.. huge cruisers.. can't ski.. floating docks takes up half the lake. I miss the old LOTO..
My old EP is Blue and red. Used it last summer in the Tampa bay area for about 10 minutes and I thought I died. Legs, arms, back, calfs sore as heII. Back in the days I used to go for hours.. That's 30+ years ago.. I will do a bit skiing this summer and try to get in a better shape. SKiing is great excersize. But ... damn it's hard to get back in the boat when you old and out of shape.. (correction.. older ) I still feel young.. but my body thinks otherwize.
aaa
Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I couldnt believe it. I havnt mad it up that way yet but, what a shame.
Jr.
A shame to say the least can still get a swig at Nigs
Attached Thumbnails Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!-lake-delton-011.jpg   Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!-lake-delton-012.jpg   Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!-lake-delton-014.jpg  

Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered

WOW.!!!. What's all that green stuff?
They need a "Faye" up there to fill it up.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

the State claims the breach will be fixed and the lake filled back up by next Summer.

Evidently the past few weekends, people have ventured out onto the lake bed and camped there just for the record.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned

WOW.!!!. What's all that green stuff?
They need a "Faye" up there to fill it up.
Wont be needin the lake rules for a while suks big time
Attached Thumbnails Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!-lake-delton-010.jpg   Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!-lake-delton-007.jpg   Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!-lake-delton-006.jpg  

Old 08-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

time to make your new docks.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Registered

ohh the memories.. I love it.. I had a woodie O'brian.. Geen and "wood".. Weight a ton,, but it was a fun skii... but I don't know what the woods were made of.
oh to be young again... LOL

I grew up on a marina a skied practically every morning and evening...learned how to ski on a set of cut down cypress garden wood skis that were made my one of our cutsomers. learned how to slalom on a CG Tech-1...aluminum top ski...

then i got an EP GX3 i was the cats azz... LOL

Just remembered...I skied on my honeymoon in 2005(i think) and made afew cuts and it felt like my arms were going to fall off. it was the first time i had been on a ski in about 20 years...

sorry...didnt mean to hijack the thread... feel bad for those affected by this flooding...

Last edited by Sean; 08-26-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
time to make your new docks.
And get rid of the stumps
Sad a bunch of the lakefront resorts closed & boarded up already

Quick Reply: Lake Delton Wis - GONE - Dam broke!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.