Notices

Is this guy on drugs?

Old 06-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Steve i agree totally, and as for a NEW apache its alot differant then to restore onit ITS STILL A 91 boat not an 08 so that has no weight behind it.
-Mike
Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Chris i get what you are saying and agree with you.

This is the way i think about it. I could buy John_Johns boat and make it flawless for alot less than 250k and it would be exactly what i want. It would have a back seat and a nice cabin with big HP

Now if I had more money than I knew what do do with I would buy it and send it back to Mcmanus to have it personalized
No doubt MM and Phil get the big bucks for their restos. If I had the $$ and had no interest in getting my hands dirty, they'd be my first stop. But that's not the case. I'm not saying that either of these guys represents a bargain or even a good value for the services they provide. But they're worth it for somebody. But a MM resto is definitely going to be worth more than a CS resto. Could it be done for a hundred less? Maybe... probably.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by B one

But could you put up with chris dogging you every day about it.
I would rather pay the $250k than have chris on my a$$ everyday.
How'd you like to work here?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must be really clean!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
How'd you like to work here?
Hey don't think I haven't thought about it. I don't know how you meant that, but I have read allot of your posts so far I like what I see.

P.S. Thanks for the help about a Nickerson Carburetors they are the best folks thanks.

By the way was that a job offer?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:51 PM

This isn't an easy place to work but peole usually stay for quite a while. We have only one rule- it gets done in the best way possible- no matter who came up with the idea. When someone comes to me about something and tells me they have a better way, I know I've doe my job in teaching them how to do better and to constantly look for improvement. Second-rate guys get eaten alive. You half-ass something around here and everyone will watch you like a hawk until proven otherwise- or you leave. We've never had a bad year and never laid anyone off. Our customers love us- not because we never screw up or because we're cheap, they love us because no matter what the circumstances, the job gets done and done right or we don't leave. Period.

Clean? We had a new guy who showed up with an older car that he wasn't taking great care of. On his 4th day, the guys told him to hang around after work. They brought out buckets, rags and a lawn chair. They sat him in the chair and gave him a beer. They then detailed his car like it was a new Porsche- while he watched. Basically the message- no matter what it is, treat it like you're proud of it. Unfortunately he didn't last. Good, bright guy but just wasn't willing to "do the job".
Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Sounds like the place I oughta be.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Chris,
I couldn't agree with your philosophy any more. I am the same way. I don't care if I lose money on a job,it has to be right. Obviously, I am in this to make money, however I realize I'll never be rich. I just had an engine on the dyno for 2 weeks, at a cost of 500 a day. It stayed on the dyno until it was done. It turned out better than I expected, making more hp than I thought it would. Point is, I lost money dynoing that engine. The customer was thrilled with the outcome and that's all that matters. He knows how hard I worked on his engine and how many late nights were involved. I'm pretty sure he will be a customer of mine for a long time to come.
Sorry for the sidetrack. I just wish more people were like that. It is certainly needed in the marine industry.
By the way, if they can find someone to pay 250K for the boat, then it is worth it. That person won't be me. There are to many other choices in that price range that are bigger, faster, nicer, etc.
Eddie
Old 06-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

I have some T-Shirts that are about 20 years old......I guess they might be worth 300-400 bucks a piece now! Crazy friggin price on that boat!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I have some T-Shirts that are about 20 years old......I guess they might be worth 300-400 bucks a piece now! Crazy friggin price on that boat!
LMFAO!!

Yea but are they re-stitched by Prada??

A lot of people pay a LOT of money to re-store a boat to their satisfaction. And this boat is CLEAN! But to expect to recover your costs any time (let alone in this market) is rediculous.

The fact its been for sale at that price for a long time is proof alone it's priced over market (waaaaaaaaay over market). Not faulting the seller for trying. What the hell, maybe someone will bite, maybe he doesn't even care if the boat sells but has that much into it and if someone wants it that bad he'll sell it for that price (everythings for sale right?).

bottom line....That boat will never sell at that price.

Quick Reply: Is this guy on drugs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.