Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release >

Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release

Notices

Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release

Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release

Team Fountain Worldwide holds strong on top of the leaderboard.

After dominating the first two Grand Prix races in Italy and France, # 99 Team Fountain Worldwide – 1st4boats.com, headed to Malta with intentions of extending their lead over the rest of the field.
Huge swells and strong winds would arrive on Saturday, after a calm Friday power-pole which saw the top three boats divided by 7/10 seconds and only a few thousands denied #99 of its first pole position.
After a very cautious start, #99 Team Fountain Worldwide – 1st4boats.com, started to pick off the field making its way from 6th to a strong second place within a few laps. Unfortunately, an ignition switch malfunction would drop them to a respectable 4th place finish in what was said to be the roughest race most racers had ever been in.
Sunday would prove just as rough, as a constant 6’ swell with wind chop continued to pound the Maltese coastline. Once again #99 cautiously took the green flag, and made their way to a strong second place finish. This would give Team Fountain Worldwide – 1st4boats.com an overall second place Grand Prix finish, and continue to dominate the standings in the Evolution class. ‘This was, without doubt, the toughest race I have ever been in” commented Craig D. Wilson, throttleman of #99. “There were small stretches you could open her up but then all of a sudden you were staring down huge swells and you would launch off them. I have never been so high in a boat before, but I never felt unsafe in our 40’ Fountain. This boat is unbelievable, and paired with the amazing crew we have, it makes James and my job much easier.”
Team Fountain Worldwide has now an unbelievable podium record. The team has never failed to make a Grand Prix Overall podium, since the beginning of 2007 season, and has never been below second place.
This record proves the reliability of the Ilmor V-10 engines and the Twin Disc Arneson Surface drives.
The teams now make their way to Tunisia in Northern Africa for round four of the Powerboat P1 world Championship.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Congrats.....Any pics ?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Current standings, direct from P1 website:
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release-p1-ranking.jpg  
Old 06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow!

It looks like the Fountain would have won....aside from the minor detail that they didn't finish first.

You know if it weren't for P/R we would be stuck with only the facts.

T2x
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bobby Bowden, FSU Coach, in an interview after a loss to UM. "They beat the **** out of us". I always liked him.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malta

Typical Fountain fashion... Lose a battle once in a while but win the F##### war !!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Didn't the first place boat come in 4 minutes ahead of everyone else in one of the two races?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Bobby Bowden, FSU Coach, in an interview after a loss to UM. "They beat the **** out of us". I always liked him.

What ever happened to:"We were beaten by a better boat today and congratulate them on a great job. We will try to get them next time."?

In today's BS world grace and sportsmanship have sadly given way to golf shirted media mavens.

T2x
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Odell Lewis said it best: "Some days you eat the bear, and some days, the bear eats you"!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
What ever happened to:"We were beaten by a better boat today and congratulate them on a great job. We will try to get them next time."?

In today's BS world grace and sportsmanship have sadly given way to golf shirted media mavens.

T2x
I think it all went down hill a few years ago when they started giving participation medals in youth sports...now a days there are no losers.

Quick Reply: Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.