Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/188806-fountain-worldwide-malta-press-release.html)

FountainMedia 06-12-2008 12:42 PM

Fountain Worldwide Malta: Press Release

Team Fountain Worldwide holds strong on top of the leaderboard.

After dominating the first two Grand Prix races in Italy and France, # 99 Team Fountain Worldwide – 1st4boats.com, headed to Malta with intentions of extending their lead over the rest of the field.
Huge swells and strong winds would arrive on Saturday, after a calm Friday power-pole which saw the top three boats divided by 7/10 seconds and only a few thousands denied #99 of its first pole position.
After a very cautious start, #99 Team Fountain Worldwide – 1st4boats.com, started to pick off the field making its way from 6th to a strong second place within a few laps. Unfortunately, an ignition switch malfunction would drop them to a respectable 4th place finish in what was said to be the roughest race most racers had ever been in.
Sunday would prove just as rough, as a constant 6’ swell with wind chop continued to pound the Maltese coastline. Once again #99 cautiously took the green flag, and made their way to a strong second place finish. This would give Team Fountain Worldwide – 1st4boats.com an overall second place Grand Prix finish, and continue to dominate the standings in the Evolution class. ‘This was, without doubt, the toughest race I have ever been in” commented Craig D. Wilson, throttleman of #99. “There were small stretches you could open her up but then all of a sudden you were staring down huge swells and you would launch off them. I have never been so high in a boat before, but I never felt unsafe in our 40’ Fountain. This boat is unbelievable, and paired with the amazing crew we have, it makes James and my job much easier.”
Team Fountain Worldwide has now an unbelievable podium record. The team has never failed to make a Grand Prix Overall podium, since the beginning of 2007 season, and has never been below second place.
This record proves the reliability of the Ilmor V-10 engines and the Twin Disc Arneson Surface drives.
The teams now make their way to Tunisia in Northern Africa for round four of the Powerboat P1 world Championship.

lucky strike 06-12-2008 12:49 PM

Congrats.....Any pics ?

AppSysCons 06-12-2008 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Current standings, direct from P1 website:

T2x 06-12-2008 01:24 PM

Wow!

It looks like the Fountain would have won....aside from the minor detail that they didn't finish first.

You know if it weren't for P/R we would be stuck with only the facts.

T2x

BROWNIE 06-12-2008 01:32 PM

Bobby Bowden, FSU Coach, in an interview after a loss to UM. "They beat the **** out of us". I always liked him.

beakman 06-12-2008 01:34 PM

Malta

Typical Fountain fashion... Lose a battle once in a while but win the F##### war !!!!!!!!

Panther 06-12-2008 01:36 PM

Didn't the first place boat come in 4 minutes ahead of everyone else in one of the two races?

T2x 06-12-2008 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 2588477)
Bobby Bowden, FSU Coach, in an interview after a loss to UM. "They beat the **** out of us". I always liked him.

What ever happened to:"We were beaten by a better boat today and congratulate them on a great job. We will try to get them next time."?

In today's BS world grace and sportsmanship have sadly given way to golf shirted media mavens.

T2x

BROWNIE 06-12-2008 02:50 PM

Odell Lewis said it best: "Some days you eat the bear, and some days, the bear eats you"!

Von Bongo 06-12-2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2588523)
What ever happened to:"We were beaten by a better boat today and congratulate them on a great job. We will try to get them next time."?

In today's BS world grace and sportsmanship have sadly given way to golf shirted media mavens.

T2x

I think it all went down hill a few years ago when they started giving participation medals in youth sports...now a days there are no losers.

omerta one 06-12-2008 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo (Post 2588663)
I think it all went down hill a few years ago when they started giving participation medals in youth sports...now a days there are no losers.

Have you ever met Stecz?

stainless 06-12-2008 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2588671)
Have you ever met Stecz?

Now that's funny!:D

stecz20 06-12-2008 10:01 PM

you will not live through the nite.....

T2x 06-13-2008 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 2588547)
Odell Lewis said it best: "Some days you eat the bear, and some days, the bear eats you"!

And in your case "Some days you get caught in bed with bear's daughter".:D

T2x

10x 06-13-2008 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2589332)
And in your case "Some days you get caught in bed with bear's daughter".:D

T2x

Now, I like that one better. :D

Congrats to Team Fountain, and thanks for giving us the update.
Are there any pics for you guys to share with us from the race??? :grinser010:

Thanks, Frank

mwdill 06-13-2008 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo (Post 2588663)

i have never liked the participation medals, should only be given out if you come in 1st,2nd,or 3rd in your sport, like boat racing take your 2nd place medal and do without a long press release about why you did'nt win!