Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC >

Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Notices

Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Old 06-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad that our poker run is just That a POKER run, We don't care who gets to the first card stop first. just as long as every one has a good time and is safe. Lets face it we have had 4-8 footers the past 2 years and not some flat river. We all like to go fast, that is obvious or we would be on Blow boat .com , There are varied makes and models that everyone buys for different reasons, give props to those who deserves it . To run any boat at those speeds is pure talent , balls and money. Whether it be a Cat or Vee. I say congrats to both.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Pete B
I know just love the "its not a race" its a Poker run motto! So is Reggie queen of the Hudson ???
joker of the hudson
Old 06-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Help me out here. What am I looking at? Is this a repair or something that happend in a the race errrrr poker run.
When you clean up { straighten and sharpen} the bottom it looks like that. You may notice that on a few race boats. Fresh sand and straight is fast. Adding paint makes it look good but than you have to sand again.

Thats what you get when you want 100%
Old 06-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Yup, it's not a race....It's just kind of ironic when someone shows up with full blown race boat named Cat Killer.

I ran 60 mph all day long, 135 mile round trip and a full tank of gas!
As an Apache man I think you would know. Didn't Kramer and company first coin the phrase "Cat Killer"?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Help me out here. What am I looking at? Is this a repair or something that happend in a the race errrrr poker run.
as mercman said its a function of the blueprinting process. Also these boats are epoxy which you really cant gelcoat after its faired out so it must be painted. Paint just doesnt have the durability that gel has and you sometimes you'll lose a bit of it. Superficial really and i doubt it would affect the performance any. I have seen it on other epoxy raceboats.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
As an Apache man I think you would know. Didn't Kramer and company first coin the phrase "Cat Killer"?
I do believe Warpath was built to show up some of those kittys and they did surprise a few! Although that was when the playing field was a little more even...nowadays that's not the case!

Shoot man...I was at the back of the pack the whole day especially since I kinda missed the start when the pace boat took off ahead about 2-3 miles south of the bridge. Too bad they don't have the poker run south of the VZB, it was about 3ft. coming back to Jersey, that was the only water we saw all day long!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
I never heard that term from them back in the day...and Ben's last race boats were all cats.

T2x
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
one problem with your marketing synopsis...theres no "average joe" in offshore boating. Any publicity is good publicity works for a lot of products but not performance boating. This community is so small, negative (read arrogant) ad campaigns due hurt sales.

Reggie needs to fire his advertising people and start over. All the shinanigans and b.s. He throws throws around take away from his legit/numerous accomplishments. Only problem with firing his ad guys is I suppose he'd have to fire himself!
I agree....I would never own a fountain simply because of Reggie and all the BS publicity...I bought a sacarab ...have friends with fountains and they like them....but I will never own a fountain simply because of the way the company tries to always be in the lime light....and sometimes may tell an untruth...
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Jimmy...if Kramer and company invented the Cat Killer phrase...does that mean Reggie "invented" I mean copied it?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stainless
The point i was referring to was in post 92 when you said a vette wouldn't beat a ferrari. Simple. The new zo6 is sick . Would i rather have a ferrari ? Absolutely.
I agree with your point on fountain getting publicity for his target audience, but as you said , in reality power for power there aint no way a v's beating a cat !
try putting 100k miles on a ferrari....you can do it with the vett...

Quick Reply: Cat Killer gets OWNED today in NYC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.