Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   first trip to Miami (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189064-first-trip-miami.html)

BluWaterNC 06-16-2008 09:34 PM

first trip to Miami

Guys, I am making my first trip to miami 4th of july week. I have been looking at different thigns to do while I am there and see soo many its hard to decide. For any one who lives there or is familiar with miami what are some must do things for a first trip?

I know that I want to go to south beach, i want to go to 188th st (even though its not thunderboat row anymore), look at some of the architecture and take a tour of some famous movie spots (if such a thing exist).

Any info on things to do or good hotels would be appreciated!

Ps i wont be bringing the boat on this trip.

vagrant 06-16-2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by BluWaterNC (Post 2592085)
Guys, I am making my first trip to miami 4th of july week. I have been looking at different thigns to do while I am there and see soo many its hard to decide. For any one who lives there or is familiar with miami what are some must do things for a first trip?

I know that I want to go to south beach, i want to go to 188th st (even though its not thunderboat row anymore), look at some of the architecture and take a tour of some famous movie spots (if such a thing exist).

Any info on things to do or good hotels would be appreciated!

Ps i wont be bringing the boat on this trip.

There is a restaurant we use to go to in Fort Lauderdale . Its right on the intercoastal and the floor moves in a circle. Pier 66?Or hit Mangos in SB

omerta one 06-17-2008 01:39 PM

At Pier 66 there is also the Grill 66 restaurant on the water, dinner only, very high end.

If you're in South Beach, go to the Maimi Beach Marina and have lunch at Monty's.

otis311 06-17-2008 02:37 PM

You wont leave South Beach !!

Mango's is fun as are most all places

The bar on top of pier 66 is closed.

If you go to Lauderdale, go to BahiaCabana and of course Laplaya and Shooters on Sunday

cowisl 06-17-2008 02:54 PM

Johnny V's on Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale is awesome

BAJA WILL 06-17-2008 02:59 PM

HHMM

Yes Mango's is awsome, so are many of the other places to drink in SB. I don't know how much you party, but if you like it real wild hit up http://www.clubspace.com/

Take at least a few hundred min.

WILL:evilb:

WARPARTY36 06-17-2008 03:14 PM

For a first timer, take the water taxi in Ft. Lauderdale and go bar/resturant hopping. You can get some local insight, and there's like 14 stops, and you don't have to drive. It goes from Los Olas all the way up to Shooters.

There is also a taxi that leaves early that goes from Los Olas to South Beach down the intracoasatal.

The landing in Miami where the Hard Rock is can be fun too for bar/resturants.

AGGRAVATION28 06-17-2008 04:42 PM

What Warparty said. Pier 66 piertop is closed. Excellent on the water eating is at Charlies Crabs, just next door to Shooters. 188th st is mostly gone...only Magnum still there. In Miami, be sure to drive out the Rickenbaker causeway to key biscayne, lots fo sceniery and interesting to see the locals on weekends.

DollaBill 06-17-2008 04:57 PM

Depends what you are looking for.

If you want to party start out at Smith & Wolenskys on the cut at happy hour. Then take a nap if you need one or continue right thru to the clubs. Hit Mansion, Set, Suite/Snatch, Cameo.

If you want to lay low walk the strip and stop at Mango's for sure. It's a tourist trap but good scenery and a fun place with live music.

Now, if you want some real fun Ft. Lauderdale is just north.................;)

otis311 06-17-2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2592951)
Depends what you are looking for.

If you want to party start out at Smith & Wolenskys on the cut at happy hour. Then take a nap if you need one or continue right thru to the clubs. Hit Mansion, Set, Suite/Snatch, Cameo.

If you want to lay low walk the strip and stop at Mango's for sure. It's a tourist trap but good scenery and a fun place with live music.

Now, if you want some real fun Ft. Lauderdale is just north.................;)

Snatch.

Ill never forget when we were all sitting by the pool at the Clevelander and Cassie ask me if I wanted to go to Snatch with her and I spit me drink out all over the place and couldnt stop laughing. We all walked all the way over and me Brandon and Steve were the only ones they wouldnt let in right away. Great night !!!!!!!!!!!