Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!! >

Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!

Notices

Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guyz. Hope to see you out there. I have the boat hooked onto a clean truck, getting ready to start packing, couple more hours until departure. Here is a pic of my boat, if you see stop for a cold one
Attached Thumbnails Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!-dsc00459-2-.jpg  
Old 07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last that I heard, weather is look'n good!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

I work about 1/4 mile from the airport, and no Blue Angels yet, but a couple jets just got in town that I would have to assume are going to be part of the show. As many airshows as Ive seen up here and elsewhere, that sound still never gets old
Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Last that I heard, weather is look'n good!!!!!!!!
The radar looks horrible, going to be a wet trip up. O well as long as the rest of the weekend is nice!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered

Does any one know what time they start to patrol the no boat zone?

Also when I went last time there was a radio station that anounced play by play. I was wondering what station?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Air show starts at 1:00 or 2:00, close boat crossing at 12:30 or so if all is on time which never is. lol weather say's 84-85 sat and sun. should be a good time. I'm launching up on the pennisula by the boat house resturant taking out the 1974 16ft saftymate with a 65hp mercury you all just watch out. easy in easy out. will see ya's out there. Power island pre party
Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Being a TC native I thought Id chime in. I would say the best place to launch in Traverse for the bigger boats is Elmwood boat launch. Just stay on 31 like you are heading to Suttons Bay, you'll go through Traverse, past m-72 west (Toms food market on left) and the launch will be up another mile or so on your right. Nice launch, and protected breakwall to make it easy to launch, and a security guard on hand to keep an eye on things while your out playing. It should be $5 to launch for the day, and then it's just a short little trip to where the main action will be. Steve

Thanks for the reply I couldn't remember the name of the launch. I always launch there and it's a nice launch but get there EARLY.

We were there two years ago and the show was great. Plus the water kicked up pretty good on the south end of the bay for awhile so it made for some good runs!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Being a TC native I thought Id chime in. I would say the best place to launch in Traverse for the bigger boats is Elmwood boat launch. Just stay on 31 like you are heading to Suttons Bay, you'll go through Traverse, past m-72 west (Toms food market on left) and the launch will be up another mile or so on your right. Nice launch, and protected breakwall to make it easy to launch, and a security guard on hand to keep an eye on things while your out playing. It should be $5 to launch for the day, and then it's just a short little trip to where the main action will be. Steve
Steve, do you have a pretty accurate idea of what length of boats the the Elmwood boat launch can accomodate? Also, how about manuvering with trailers attached to vehicles? Is there plenty of elbow room for parking or is it pretty tight. I have a 32' boat and 40' trailer attached to my truck. The only place I have known of on the west arm of Grand Traverse Bay is Greilickville...nice launch, but parking and manuvering is kinda tight.

Lots of questions, but just thought you might know being you live in the area. Thanks, Mark

Last edited by KAAMA; 07-02-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Steve, do you have a pretty accurate idea of what length of boats the the Elmwood boat launch can accomodate? Also, how about manuvering with trailers attached to vehicles? Is there plenty of elbow room for parking or is it pretty tight. I have a 32' boat and 40' trailer attached to my truck. The only place I have known of on the west arm of Grand Traverse Bay is Greilickville...nice launch, but parking and manuvering is kinda tight.

Lots of questions, but just thought you might know being you live in the area. Thanks, Mark
I have seen some pretty big boats launch there. Last year there was a Black Thunder launching there when I was taking out. But, parking can get a little tight there. If you get there early you will probably be okay. I only launch there 3-4 times a year so Durangokid may have better info.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA

Hey guys, sorry I didnt get back sooner. The docks there are plenty long enough to launch a good sized boat. I believe there should be adequate room for you to get your trailer in and out. But, like sickpantera said, get there early to make sure you dont need to wait in line for hours, and still are able to get a parking spot. Im not sure how much parking space they have, but I have seen trailers lined up all along the main drag to the marina area.

Quick Reply: Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.