Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!! >

Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!

Notices

Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

85% sure I'll be in Boyne Fri. There's a chance we're in Northport. Planning for the Blue Angels Sat either way.

If we are in Boyne Fri, Then Round Lake @ 9:30am I think I read. We have Friends staying in Northport we're suppose to meet up with in TC.

This Other Talk of Torch is Killing My schedule. Torch truly can be Awesome.. Why won't Elk Rapids put in a Lift or lock?

Last edited by Shawn D; 07-01-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 731 Likes on 328 Posts

All,
We closed and sold our house in Troy, Mi yesterday and are closing on our home in Traverse City on 17 July. Until then we're living at Black Lake and the boat is in Cheboygan.

Somewhat suprised there is no rack storage in T.C. anyone know of a indoor storage place close to the west bay where I could keep the boat on the trailer ?
Retired in June and we're so looking forward to our new home and community.
ed
Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
All,
We closed and sold our house in Troy, Mi yesterday and are closing on our home in Traverse City on 17 July. Until then we're living at Black Lake and the boat is in Cheboygan.

Somewhat suprised there is no rack storage in T.C. anyone know of a indoor storage place close to the west bay where I could keep the boat on the trailer ?
Retired in June and we're so looking forward to our new home and community.
ed
Hey Dude, gunna hook up w/ us 4 the air show???? Wrink
Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Registered

Where do you guyz lauch in TC?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Magic, a bunch of us hopefully will B cum'n down from Charlevoix. Don't know where ya launch in TC, maybe someone can chime in!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Magic, a bunch of us hopefully will B cum'n down from Charlevoix. Don't know where ya launch in TC, maybe someone can chime in!
I am not "REALLY" familiar with the area this far north, my expertise ends in Caddy for sledding season. If you know anywhere to launch close to TC or Torch let me know. How are is the run from Elk Rapids/ Torch River to TC?

Thanks BRO, maybe we'll see ya up there
Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered

MM,
Elk Rapids is very close to Torch, (15 min) The Launch at Elk Harbor is nice and the run to TC is maybe 25 Miles.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
MM,
Elk Rapids is very close to Torch, (15 min) The Launch at Elk Harbor is nice and the run to TC is maybe 25 Miles.
Thanks that is what I thought. Are we going to see you at the sandbar on Torch for the 4th?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Being a TC native I thought Id chime in. I would say the best place to launch in Traverse for the bigger boats is Elmwood boat launch. Just stay on 31 like you are heading to Suttons Bay, you'll go through Traverse, past m-72 west (Toms food market on left) and the launch will be up another mile or so on your right. Nice launch, and protected breakwall to make it easy to launch, and a security guard on hand to keep an eye on things while your out playing. It should be $5 to launch for the day, and then it's just a short little trip to where the main action will be. Steve
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
MM,
Perfectmix,
Is that 25 miles up around mission point to the West bay?

I am not "REALLY" familiar with the area this far north, my expertise ends in Caddy for sledding season. If you know anywhere to launch close to TC or Torch let me know. How are is the run from Elk Rapids/ Torch River to TC?

Thanks BRO, maybe we'll see ya up there
If you want both Torch and TC then Elk Rapids would be a good spot. Unfortunately torch is not accessible from East Traverse Bay. But like Perfect says the two launches are only minutes apart. If youv'e not been in Torch, you should check it out. There is nothing like the water there. It is beautiful like the Caribbean, Aqua color. ( not that I'ld been to the caribbean)

But then Charlevoix is awesome Too.

Quick Reply: Traverse City air show/ Blue Angels!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.