Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How sound is Reggie financially? >

How sound is Reggie financially?

Notices

How sound is Reggie financially?

Old 06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fountain is just fine!!! International sales are doing really well!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Respects over rated.

I've been kicking tires for a few years, and am hoping next season I'll finally pull the trigger.

I could afford something older/less nice now, but I don't want the mantenance issues and I guess I like new stuff. But in a few years, there might not be anything "entry level" other than used, and that will just keep getting older.
Yep. The water never objected to my boats.

Me too. Looking at everything. And then back at the gas pumps.

Same here. No time for constant repairs, which is to be expected.

No doubt.

I see Royal Oak there. Around here (South side of Daytwah) there are boats for sale everywhere. I drove past a Carver yacht last week in Monroe with twins in very nice shape for it's age... 5 grand. A dual helm 28 footer with a 11 foot beam. 5 grand. Crazy.
We had a nice 35 mistress sit for 6 months asking 38 grand.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blume
look at the new style dash from Fountain.
I like it ! Was wondering when they would upgrade from the same dash I had in my 1990 40' Fountain .
Old 06-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Do you really need a new MTI to "be somebody"?
Short answer is no.

But my real answer is yes, I really need an MTI(or sweet Skater) to be the somebody at the docks in Key West while everyone else is still running. It was awful nice to get there and have the boat washed, flushed and covered while it was daylight. 125mph made the trip about 90 mins instead of 4+ hrs.

It was also nice to run the old TopGun at 74mph downhill with a tailwind, but I will still take the MTI every day.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wcmarine
Fountain is just fine!!! International sales are doing really well!!!
I missed the day in Econ 101 where they taught that strong sales and fiscal stability caused a continual decline in the value of your publicly traded issue.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Short answer is no.

But my real answer is yes, I really need an MTI(or sweet Skater) to be the somebody at the docks in Key West while everyone else is still running. It was awful nice to get there and have the boat washed, flushed and covered while it was daylight. 125mph made the trip about 90 mins instead of 4+ hrs.

It was also nice to run the old TopGun at 74mph downhill with a tailwind, but I will still take the MTI every day.
No doubt it's a sweet ride. My point is less about the boat and more about the person. I've met some great people and some real douchebags. Some were very wealthy, some were flat broke. Some pretended to be one or the other, including a very wealthy friend who lives so modestly you'd swear he was a WalMart employee.

As far as getting to KW quickly, I could have chartered that T-38 that's sitting out at the airport and had them pick me up in Miami, overfly all the boats on the way down, do some .95 mach barrel rolls and beat all of you there- for one hell of alot less than the operating costs on an MTI.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Yep. The water never objected to my boats.

Me too. Looking at everything. And then back at the gas pumps.

Same here. No time for constant repairs, which is to be expected.

No doubt.

I see Royal Oak there. Around here (South side of Daytwah) there are boats for sale everywhere. I drove past a Carver yacht last week in Monroe with twins in very nice shape for it's age... 5 grand. A dual helm 28 footer with a 11 foot beam. 5 grand. Crazy.
We had a nice 35 mistress sit for 6 months asking 38 grand.
Yeah there are some pretty good deals in the area due to the bad times.

My problem is I'm picky and want something nice and turn key, so I just have to wait till I find exactly what I want and can afford it. I'm hoping this winter there will be some nice boats in the $60K range, as they are more likely to be effected by gas and wanting to get out than anything nicer.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

as a employee at fountain i can say [ THIS ECONOMY SUCKS!!!] we have the best employees and they all work hard. ford, gm, and other companies are struggling to. this is a time for america to join together and say enough is enough.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Registered

As someone who spends a fair amount of time on the Pamlico... playing on weekdays (All day today), I can tell you that there are not nearly as many boats on the river, especially not the truly impressive ones that I love to watch and listen to... and that the test runs of the fountains from the factory I used to get a kick out of... seem to have become far less frequent this year...

It's sad that I may indeed be able to take a big step up at some point and buy a bigger faster boat... not because I make a lot more money, but because the used boat market is grinding to a halt and prices seem to be coming down almost daily as fuel prices go up. Sad yes... but inevitable for some time now
Old 06-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Some were very wealthy, some were flat broke. Some pretended to be one or the other, including a very wealthy friend who lives so modestly you'd swear he was a WalMart employee.
The millionaire next door. No doubt. Many people with serious wealth have little trappings. They tend to have income producing assets rather than money pit hobbies. That old dude in the boring car with a Timex might just own a thousand apartment units. The guy with the gold chains and the airplane and.... oh.
Nevermind.

Quick Reply: How sound is Reggie financially?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.