Lake Havasu Marina- launch >

Lake Havasu Marina- launch

Notices

Lake Havasu Marina- launch

Old 06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake Havasu Marina- launch

I am staying at the London Bridge resort for a week. My question is where does everybody launch from when staying there? I would like to leave the boat in the water the whole time ( I reserved slip space there) and don' know where to leave the truck and trailer (45' trailer). Also how strict are they these days at the marina for sound? A few years ago they were really cracking down at the marina launch. Alsothey don't allow me to leave my trailer at my time share over night (Nautical- that was booked for the week unfortunatly) thanks Mike
Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can try to launch at the Marina, but I don't think that they let anything over 30' launch.

Most performance boats launch at Windsor - use the North ramp, the south ramp is not long enough for longer trailers.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

Windsor launch ramp is just north of the London Bridge resort. Can't park overnight there either though. Maybe contact one of the boat shops in town, Absolute Speed and Marine are awesome guys and should be able to give some more info.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Windsor NORTH ramp, South is shallow alot of the time.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

The Marina told me 32', so thats out. I could launch at Nautical, but cannot leave my truck/trailer overnight (i've seen 38's launched there before and had no problem with my 31'). Windsor, I have used many times but I have to figure out how to get back and forth. I'll have me,my wife,3 month old baby and 2-12 year olds. My friend is coming up on Saturday ,but I kind of wanted to be launched and sitting in the water by then....Mike
Old 06-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered

Are you trying to launch the boat by yourself, and figure out how to get your truck and trailer back to the hotel? I'm pretty sure you can park your truck/trailer at Windsor overnight.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 PM
LZH
Registered

Just stay at the Nautical, you can launch and keep your rig in the parking lot and beach the boat in front of the bar at night.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Use windsor north ramp. Call Aaron at Absolute. One of his guy's will launch and retrieve you. Store your trailer and make a new friend.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered

Winsor or Site 6........take the trailer and truck back to the hotel. You can keep the stuff at the hotel!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Registered

Do NOT go to site 6!!!

Call Aaron at Absolute and tell him you were referred to him from the Performance Boat forums and Offshore Only forums. Ask him if he has any ideas on what to do with your trailer for those days. A solution will follow seconds later.

The next option is to go to performanceboats.com, enter the forums there and ask if anyone is staying at the Nautical. For $50, they can register a second boat on the room and you can launch at that ramp. It is where I prefer to launch. I have a 370SS Formula (24,000 pounds) and I launch there everytime.

The trick with you is that you are probably staying longer than most, so you need to find 2 willing people to let you in to launch with their room key.

You can also launch your boat at the north ramp at windsor, that ramp is fine. The only thing i dont like about the windsor ramp is where the slope meets the flat area at the top of the ramp. It isn't a gradual transition and puts a lot of pressure when pulling out on your front tires/axle of the trailer. When i had my 34' cat, I often launched at the north ramp of windsor.

Last but not least, cattail cove south of town is a nice kept secret. A lot of big boats can launch there but it fills up early and you can get turned away.

Call Aaron though. It is good to know/meet him because if you have an issue on the water with your boat, he is the guy that you are going to want to call to get it fixed ASAP.

Quick Reply: Lake Havasu Marina- launch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.