Like Tree0Likes

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Reply
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM
  #281
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
My Boats: 1987 22 foot Velocity
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj676 View Post
I'm guessing all of the places chock full of "little boats" that can blow his doors off have already banned him.

Otherwise Scream and Fly and Performance Boats have multiple sub-22' boats that are definitely over 100.
But not 3500lbs I/Os with Alpha 1s with pump gas small blocks
tripple digits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM
  #282
Registered
 
bluellama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 1000 Islands/Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 1,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripple digits View Post
Here is a good exsample of what Im talking about. He has a claimed 670hp and best he could do was 83.2 mph. See now I have a bench mark to shoot for. Air Time has set the mark for me at 85 mph. Its going to be tough but I think I can do it
Airtime didn't set your mark. You set your mark.
Tripple Digits on Pump Gas

Either break the century mark, or don't, there is no try......
bluellama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM
  #283
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKerns View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLEfsKM0z84

TD, video like the one I posted would put an end to all of this. I know why you don't want to, but..............
Now, that's what I'm talking about.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 AM
  #284
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
My Boats: 1987 22 foot Velocity
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluellama View Post
Airtime didn't set your mark. You set your mark.
Tripple Digits on Pump Gas

Either break the century mark, or don't, there is no try......
Noooooooo all the experts have spoken they carefully study the tapes and there years of expseriance and there engineering back ground they say my boat cant even go 80 mph. So the new mark is 85 it will be realy tough for me and might even get hurt doing it because all the experts tell me how out of control my boat is and how unsafe it is. But Im willing to take that chance and see if I cant come up with a 85 mph pass for you people. Hope my insurnace is paid up
tripple digits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 AM
  #285
Registered
VIP Member
 
berns29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 6,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripple digits View Post
SO youve been boatless now for 2 years almost But you say you never see me launch my boat? Well dont you think there is a good reason for that like maybe you dont have a boat any more.
honestly...i've spent more time on the Barnegat Bay this year then i did the last season i owned my own. Most of the boats i spend my time on are 80 mph plus boats except my father 260 Sundancer. not to mention a couple hours every friday on the jet ski's. the smallest boat in my circle of friends is an older 22 velocity with a 200 merc that runs 70. some of the others are a 32 skater with 700+ per side and arneson's, 38 scarab with 625 plus per side, 39 Outerlimits with 900+ per side, 39 topgun with 525's, 39 Unltd with 850 per side etc...i owned my share of scud missles...carlson with a 460 ford and a berkley jet, couple small checkmates with high hat mercs etc...
berns29scarab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM
  #286
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
My Boats: 1987 22 foot Velocity
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns29scarab View Post
honestly...i've spent more time on the Barnegat Bay this year then i did the last season i owned my own. Most of the boats i spend my time on are 80 mph plus boats except my father 260 Sundancer. not to mention a couple hours every friday on the jet ski's. the smallest boat in my circle of friends is an older 22 velocity with a 200 merc that runs 70. some of the others are a 32 skater with 700+ per side and arneson's, 38 scarab with 625 plus per side, 39 Outerlimits with 900+ per side, 39 topgun with 525's, 39 Unltd with 850 per side etc...i owned my share of scud missles...carlson with a 460 ford and a berkley jet, couple small checkmates with high hat mercs etc...
And they all launch at Trixxies? I dont hang out in Tices shoal

Last edited by tripple digits; 06-24-2008 at 09:52 AM.
tripple digits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM
  #287
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default

Do we need a Stingray forum for the huge Stingray contingent on OFFSHOREONLY?
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 AM
  #288
Registered
 
bluellama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 1000 Islands/Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 1,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripple digits View Post
Noooooooo all the experts have spoken they carefully study the tapes and there years of expseriance and there engineering back ground they say my boat cant even go 80 mph. So the new mark is 85 it will be realy tough for me and might even get hurt doing it because all the experts tell me how out of control my boat is and how unsafe it is. But Im willing to take that chance and see if I cant come up with a 85 mph pass for you people. Hope my insurnace is paid up
Come on Trippy, you've come this far, don't pull the chute now.

Anything short of 100.01 will be a failure, you know it, I know it, and every boating board will soon know it.

For over a year now you have been claiming you can run "tripple" digits on pump gas.
You usually flamed out long before anybody could get something set up, and you disappeared back into your shop. The difference this time is you didn't know when to cut loose. You caught the interest of some big fish this time, and they are circling.
You posted it, you got called on it, now prove it....

100.01 MPH
bluellama is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:55 AM
  #289
Registered
 
rlj676's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Royal Oak, MI
My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500
Posts: 1,820
Default

Expert
rlj676 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
  #290
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripple digits View Post
So there we go all the expsert have spoken they know all. So my new mark is 85 that would be 2 mph faster then Air Time 3 mph faster then the claimed 82 mph when I did a complete 360 and not a 180
wait a minute that 83 was with a 26p prop 2yrs ago. I have had 3 surgeries then and I am waiting for the doc and insurance co to work out a price on the next one but looks like I will pay the differnts between then. by aug my boat should be together and will be prop testing with a 30p labbed prop rpms Iam shooting for are between 5400 to 5600 6000 is good for a b1 drive. so with the pitch change should have higher speeds mine was still climbing at 6000 but ran out of bay. so my top end should be a lil higher. SO WE CAME FROM BEATING THE BIG BOATS AT THE POKERRUN AND 100MPH SPEEDS TO LOOKING FOR A SMALL BOAT YOUR SIZE THAT YOU CAN RACE AT 85 MPH. BECAUSE YOUR TOP END IS NOW 85

Last edited by AIR TIME; 06-24-2008 at 10:10 AM.
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Air Dog
Banana Boat
8
09-13-2014 08:28 PM
Shanghied Again
General Boating Discussion
3
07-08-2008 11:30 PM
TeamSaris
Skater
2
05-16-2008 10:08 PM
TeamSaris
Skater
2
07-07-2007 03:02 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.