Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
I will be looking for the run by water on Sun.. Just south of Waters Edge? Ill buy TD a round just for showing and attempting an 85 mph pass, if he does, in the face of this particularly ugly mob!
if franks not available maybe i could hop on the new and improved 33 AVS...was at your neighbors on memorial day didnt see you around tho
Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tripple digits
A few People?? they talk so much they dont even know what there saying anymore. How would they know how most boats handle under 30" some of these guys dont even own a boat and let alone they ever had a 22 foot I/O going faster then 85. Like I said the experts have said what they have to say if I can do 85 then what, I already know there going to strain what little brain cells they have to argue the point its not 100 mph but then who is realy back peddling them or me, there the one that say they study the video and its only going 60 when in fact it was going 91 to 92. There the ones saying well we have a small pee pee and we could not go fast so we think your BSing. Not my problem. Hey anything faster then what the so called experts say im going to run should be huged for me.
I am calling you out Isaid it looked 60 or so cause of all the bouncing around you were doing in 1 foot chop with no tabs to keep the boat smooth and YOU SAID A 100 SO DO 100 AND I WILL RIDE WITH YOU GIVE YOU A HELMET WITH INTERCOM IN IT SO I CAN SAY FASTER FASTER FASTER AND YOU WILL HEAR ME QUESTON DO YOU HAVE A KILL SWITCH AND MY VIDEO WILL BE SMOOTH IT HD AND THIS 93 WAS IT A SPEEDO WITH A WATER PICK UP OR WAS IT GPS WELL
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Registered

Default Weather report

The weather report for Sunday June 29, 2008.

Sunday
Jun 29 T-storms
Hi: 83° Lo: 67°
Chance of thunder with light rain showers. High 83F and low 67F.
45%

My guess is he will puss out due to the weather. I had a 21'1996 Crownline with the same deadrise (19) as his Stingray. Very similar boat. I actually looked at them to buy when I bought the Crownline. Stingrays are nice little boats, the company always claimed their boats were a little faster than others due to the hull design. Never did find out. My Crownline with a 5.7 (350 small block)mag motor and Alpha outdrive would run 50mph on a good day. Roughest riding boat I have ever been in. Anything above 1 foot and it would beat you to death. It would get squirrley at WOT in any type of real waves. I ran it on Lake Michigan and it was a 20mph boat in 2 footers. that will be his out, there is no way that boat can run in anything other than a light chop.

Last edited by gerritm; 06-24-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered

Another quilfied expert see I cant go fast or handle rough water with out trim tabs see this 85 is looking likes its going to be impossible
I SAW YOUR VIDEO IN ONE FOOT CHOP YOU WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE YOUR CAMERA GUY COULDN'T EVEN TAKE A GOOD SHOT OF THE DASH IT WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE
Old 06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lay off folks, he's busy installing the good engine right now...

You know, the one he didn't run 93 with last week. That was the crappy engine. He needs the good one to only run 85....
Old 06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Yes I did say that. But after all the experts had talked to me and showed me the light and after all there experiance they have me convienced it only goes 85 now. Maybe my pedo tube speedo is off. I heard there is side bet action that I dont even go 75
Doesn't sound like a GPS.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MAI0076
Gotcha, LOL.

This thread is on pace to catch up to "Chicks n Boats" early next week, lol.
He!!, this will catch the RG3 bare the but thread by tomorrow at this pace!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
The weather report for Sunday June 29, 2008.

Sunday
Jun 29 T-storms
Hi: 83° Lo: 67°
Chance of thunder with light rain showers. High 83F and low 67F.
45%

My guess is he will puss out due to the weather. I had a 21'1996 Crownline with the same deadrise (19) as his Stingray. Very similar boat. I actually looked at them to buy when I bought the Crownline. Stingrays are nice little boats, the company always claimed their boats were a little faster than others due to the hull design. Never did find out. My Crownline with a 5.7 (350 small block)mag motor and Alpha outdrive would run 50mph on a good day. Roughest riding boat I have ever been in. Anything above 1 foot and it would beat you to death. It would get squirrley at WOT in any type of real waves. I ran it on Lake Michigan and it was a 20mph in 2 footers. that will be his out, there is no way that boat can run in anything other than a light chop.

I posted earlier that I had a 1989 Stingray 230 with a 454 mag and that the boat ran 69.5 on radar. What I didn't mention was that at WOT she was all over the place, chine walked like crazy and basically just the drive was in the water. She would do ok in a 1-2' chop if you were running in to it or with it only. If the chop was coming from either side, it and the wind would push you to run with it...the boat couldn't handle the inconsistencies of boat wakes at all, could never open it up on a weekend and I was on a 16 mile lake, nothing compared to a Barnegat Bay weekend.

I will say that the 222 seemed to be a better ride than the newer 230 hull that year though, but not much.

We'll see how he does Sunday.

Just my $.02.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by FountainMike; 06-24-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
agree'd WELCOME ABOARD SUNSHINE !! where are ya from ? thinking you'd fit right in with the Jersey Boys
I'll vouch for him boys. He's good people. Fit right in.......................
Old 06-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im rite here in NJ waitng on you, You said you had a 80 mph you should have me covered realy good, Listen if its a money thing that you cant get to NJ and run me with my slow sting ray I will chip in how about I give you 100 dollars for gas im sure we can get some others to chip in for you. My challange still stands
Isn't this like bragging about having the fastest Ford Fiesta on the block???

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.