Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189409-any-body-see-little-blue-sting-ray-friday.html)

JCPERF 06-24-2008 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by tripple digits (Post 2599772)
So if I bring it to long island your going to have a 22 foot boat with a Alpha and small block on pump gas no blowers, prochargers, super chargers. Natural asperated with a carb 3000 lb min to race me for money? now we are talking

I have a 27 foot boat with a small block that will mop you up like a custodian at pre school;)

bouyhunter 06-24-2008 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2600134)
Airtime didn't set your mark. You set your mark.
Tripple Digits on Pump Gas

Either break the century mark, or don't, there is no try......:fish::fish:

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2600159)
Come on Trippy, you've come this far, don't pull the chute now.

Anything short of 100.01 will be a failure, you know it, I know it, and every boating board will soon know it.

For over a year now you have been claiming you can run "tripple" digits on pump gas.
You usually flamed out long before anybody could get something set up, and you disappeared back into your shop. The difference this time is you didn't know when to cut loose. You caught the interest of some big fish this time, and they are circling.
You posted it, you got called on it, now prove it....

100.01 MPH

Originally Posted by tripple digits (Post 2600231)
No they cant and people have tried and this is why everybodys panties are in a bunch. You can dupiclate my boat for aprox 40k maybe little less and have a honest 100 mph pump gas boat that handles rough water and gets good fuel consumption. Its a great package for lakes or bays

Originally Posted by tripple digits (Post 2600298)
My mouth I would have showed numbers no problems but then all the BS all the big mouths so called experts so 85 it is. Then we can take it from there. See all the big mouths will back peddle and say see its not 100 BUT they ran theres mouths and said it cant even go 80. So I will do my best to click off a 85 then let them back peddle and make exscuses then next time maybe I will run faster

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2600408)
I'm not even getting out of bed for 85. You ran your mouth about 100. Hey, you did 93 with 4 people last weekend, whats the problem.

Your choices are..

1. Show up and run 100 and be a star
2. Show up and don't run 100 and be the OSO Jackazz
3. Admit it won't run 100 and go away

That simple

There seems to be a common consensus here.
I like DollaBills quote the best, but I'd have to say in number 2 you're incorrect. He has already accomplished that goal.
Doesn't matter at this point if he does 1,2, or 3. He's already accomplished the fruit's of labor from succeeding at #2.
He's already in the Big Scotty, Wiggler, Buddy OO, etc... category.
By simply dropping the mark from 100.01 to 85...

BlackJack58 06-24-2008 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 007joe (Post 2601034)
I am happy happy happy. I'll finally have somebody that can stand up to me in my mean green machine. I have a 13' Kodiak inflatable that'll do 102mph. I have her hooked up to a big block 454 with a blower and nitrous. Deadly. I'll be there on sunday. She's so fast she don't even touch the water. Good luck to all who dare to face my green demon. God help us all.

http://www.myspaceace.com/pix/wingy.jpg

And you'll be doing 175mph after I shoot you out of the sky with my Oerlikon Gun...

cosmic12 06-24-2008 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2600981)
This thread should be moved to the Apache section just on general principles.

Ya gotta wonder if he knows John John540:evilb:

tripple digits 06-24-2008 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2601048)
I have a 27 foot boat with a small block that will mop you up like a custodian at pre school;)

yea to bad its not like 22 foot with a Alpha on pump gas nice try thow

T2x 06-24-2008 06:46 PM

No dog in this fight.....for sure......

But.

I met Rich last week in the middle of trying to help a friend of his..... who has a very full plate of life's troubles....

Rich was there for his friend and showed a lot of heart...

I also saw one of his drives....although it had some skeg issues, it was modified for added speed (nosecone, shark finned skeg...etc)

To the point, I have no idea how fast his boat is, but it does have a very high power to weight ratio and should go pretty fast...at least as described to me.

So.

I will be down that way around the Shore Dreams weekend, at Typhoon, where Darren set his records. I believe it would be fitting to confirm or repute Rich's claims at that event, in the early AM. Most of the honchos in Jersey boating attend that worthy event and there is plenty of good water.

I will volunteer to be an "official" observer and I think we can get Dave Patnaude to participate as well....... We will arrange for a suitably fast observation boat to run alongside..... we will have redundant GPS and a radar gun, if available....

Most of you know who we are.....If we don't have the "cred" for this, nobody does.

That's my offer and I'm sticking to it.

In the meantime....please stop this thread...it's giving me a headache.

T2x

AIR TIME 06-24-2008 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2600619)
No, boats have to be 26' or longer.

no not 26 up to 26

pullmytrigger 06-24-2008 07:05 PM

I was hoping you would be there Rich......to cut through all the BS and give a true account of whats going on.......thnx

tripple digits 06-24-2008 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2601163)
No dog in this fight.....for sure......

But.

I met Rich last week in the middle of trying to help a friend of his..... who has a very full plate of life's troubles....

Rich was there for his friend and showed a lot of heart...

I also saw one of his drives....although it had some skeg issues, it was modified for added speed (nosecone, shark finned skeg...etc)

To the point, I have no idea how fast his boat is, but it does have a very high power to weight ratio and should go pretty fast...at least as described to me.

So.

I will be down that way around the Shore Dreams weekend, at Typhoon, where Darren set his records. I believe it would be fitting to confirm or repute Rich's claims at that event, in the early AM. Most of the honchos in Jersey boating attend that worthy event and there is plenty of good water.

I will volunteer to be an "official" observer and I think we can get Dave Patnaude to participate as well....... We will arrange for a suitably fast observation boat to run alongside..... we will have redundant GPS and a radar gun, if available....

Most of you know who we are.....If we don't have the "cred" for this, nobody does.

That's my offer and I'm sticking to it.

In the meantime....please stop this thread...it's giving me a headache.

T2x

Rich out of respect for you I will no longer post on this subject. I will be there this sunday and yes in Aug I will accept your offer and be there and I will step up and back up and make it officle.

bouyhunter 06-24-2008 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by tripple digits (Post 2601196)
Rich out of respect for you I will no longer post on this subject. I will be there this sunday and yes in Aug I will accept your offer and be there and I will step up and back up and make it officle.

As long as it will be officle - I'm good with that.