Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 40 Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaAce View Post
I've been following this story on three different forums,

#1 TD-Rich never started out insulting anyone, he just claimed he could spank
some of the big boys in protected waters. Any corse remarks towards people seem to be his defensive comments to the pack mentality of jackels
that attack him.

#2 Has any one read the entire step by step R&D write-up done on this project?
it seems highly possible that his claims are true when you look at all the work done. Each increment of progress is documented.

#3 Has anyone noticed that this guy has been featured in magazines for engineering record breaking N2O systems. That tells me he's got some credibility, not some Johny come lately sh!t talker.

#4 Most anytime someone engineers (like racers) a kick ass go fast package & developes it after years of testing, they're not going to get satisfaction by posting the GPS speed, I believe they want to enter it in a heads up race & kick some butt with it & get notoriaty among their peers.
Rich has been asking time & again for someone to come out to his stomping
grounds & get whooped. Theres a whole site full of guys out by him,
no ones stepped up to race him.

#5 People have gone to his location to see the boat & others with high post counts have said he's a decent guy, why all the dis-respect is shown to him?
He's not a pariah for NOT showing proof or showing contempt towards his attackers, he should be proved wrong in a race.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm getting into my flame suit now!

I'm not sure why everybody is going crazy....Then again, I have only read bits and pieces. So what if he has a small boat that can go 100? So what if his boat can't go 100? I'm sure everybody in here has lied about there top speed at some point.......I would say 98% of the boats in here can't break 100, I wonder if that's why people are so wound up??
Old 06-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

George Desmond is the KING of fast small boats!!!!!

18 Donzi with Surface Drive............I think 113mph??? give are take 1-2mph.

He is the KING and more importantly was a CLASS ACT
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine View Post
I think it was the 1st time Bob got to use his club's to actually hit a ball...
vnemous...i dont think sharkey meant it how you took it !!

Last edited by berns29scarab; 06-25-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2008, 02:55 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin View Post
They should swear out an arrest warrant for that boat of his. That would be the only legitimate threat to his safety. Who in their right mind would want to see him dead? He's way more amusing alive.

The last time I checked, there's no statute prohibiting any individual from sitting back and giggling while some self-aggrandizing tool digs himself a massive hole, then ends himself trying to dig out.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:04 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghied Again View Post
Mike I know Dave and his threat is not physical it is more to the Legal side.
This whole thing with did anyone see my blue Stingray was running with the Poker Run boats should have never been started:
We as a club and you will understand this knowing T2X are no different then any other sanctioned group!
We have to file permits, get State Police permits, Coast Guard Permits and special insurance for the run.
Yes we can't control the bay but we CAN NOT allow any boat to infaltrate or become part of a poker run without waivers and papers filled out, never mind the rules and regulations of the Poker Run. WE have set standards with The State Police that our boats will be under pace with no greater speeds then 80 mph on the bay most boats run 70-75 mph to stay together. Now there are boats that run the bay and went by the Poker Run but they did not have anything to do with the run nor did they try to get invoved.
What Tripple Didgits just did was placed himself by posting that he out ran half of the guys in the run, I don't care if he was 1 mile away he just had no buisness posting that he was even near, around, running with the NJPPC. Taking pictures is one thing as long as your at a stand still. If anyone ever did that at a Sanctioned Race the Coast Guard will be towing you to shore with more tickets then you can imagine,
As a committee member I know were Dave is coming from and the rest of the committee is in an up roar over this.

DITO AND WHO WOULD BE DRAGING HIS AZZ OUT OF THE WATER IF HE FLIPPED ON OF US.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrklakemo View Post
Nice. Im sure he'll be fast. 637hp, shorty noseconed alpha drive, modified bottom, and a LITTLE boat. Seems to have all the makings of a 100mph boat but.........the backpeddling did him in. You cannot claim 104mph and then back up to 85mph....especially with video of a claimed 93 mph run just a couple weeks ago. Go for 100 or dont go at all.
its not that lil it the size of a superboat - 2ft mine boats 24 4000lbs 24v with small pad 650hp plus ,83 gps 6000rpms my buds boat is a superboat 24 3500lbs 24degree v with 575 hp hes getting 76gps 5600rpms and if that small block makes 630hp I would say 80 on flat water.with tabs more speed in chop but he has no tabs, all that work and you don't have tabs. for that to hit a 100 with a round keel 19v I would think 800hp 34p b1 prop not a 26 p 4 blade at 6400rpms. plus its out he has a speedo pick up not gps
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's

It's still like making a race car out of a Ford Maverick and wondering why the Lambo owners don't go drooling all over it after you trash-talk them.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND View Post
On the Chip is set up to run to 93 MPH now
oops are they running p2 now hey sorry about the last three posts the beers were flying last night
Old 06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
Death threats by phone now. You guys are some bunch.
Wait a minute didn't you start this crap at other sites so if there was a threat it could have come from another site. This site is one classy site , to do that. No one needs to threaten him he IS going to kill himself with his poor set up no k planes or kill switch lanyard
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1987 Donzi 22; 2008 Donzi 28 ZXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaAce View Post
I've been following this story on three different forums,

#1 TD-Rich never started out insulting anyone, he just claimed he could spank
some of the big boys in protected waters. Any corse remarks towards people seem to be his defensive comments to the pack mentality of jackels
that attack him.

#2 Has any one read the entire step by step R&D write-up done on this project?
it seems highly possible that his claims are true when you look at all the work done. Each increment of progress is documented.

#3 Has anyone noticed that this guy has been featured in magazines for engineering record breaking N2O systems. That tells me he's got some credibility, not some Johny come lately sh!t talker.

#4 Most anytime someone engineers (like racers) a kick ass go fast package & developes it after years of testing, they're not going to get satisfaction by posting the GPS speed, I believe they want to enter it in a heads up race & kick some butt with it & get notoriaty among their peers.
Rich has been asking time & again for someone to come out to his stomping
grounds & get whooped. Theres a whole site full of guys out by him,
no ones stepped up to race him.

#5 People have gone to his location to see the boat & others with high post counts have said he's a decent guy, why all the dis-respect is shown to him?
He's not a pariah for NOT showing proof or showing contempt towards his attackers, he should be proved wrong in a race.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm getting into my flame suit now!
Here is a quote from hotboats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippppplediggggitz
In 3 years I probly destroyed and cut up over 200 + alpha's upper and foots....
I asked the simple question regarding 200 alphas regarding expense. This is the kind of crap that proves BS to everything he says.

It's tough to find an Alpha for $500, even if he found them all for an average of $200 he would have been out $40k on drives alone. But he got them for that price he could have sold them and made a freaking fortune.

Any no talent azz clown can put a web site up with 'facts' on it. that means nothing to me.