Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Un-beknownst to many, there is a cure for having diareah of the mouth.....it is called keeping your mouth SHUT!

Obviously he has a long checkered past of diareah of the mouth and when he barrell rolls someday and "checks out" you will be able to fit all of his friends in a Mini Cooper to go to the church. (and still have an open seat!)

At NJPPC we welcome anyone and everyone. With one condition.......they be respectful to other boaters in and outside of the club. Running his mouth non-stop and then jumping in the Poker Run trying to prove how big his gonads and engine are is not the way to do it. If he has a beef with the "big boat - rich guy syndrome" he needs to think again.

Tim Sharkey our photographer started in our club with a home made 13' Sharkey Bullet. 10yrs later he is the club photographer and a director of the club.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Default Hey

I have read many of Sharkeys post on many boards. Have been to his shop window shopping. Always seemed like a well respected business man. He may be but those post are uncalled for inlite of what is going on.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MAI0076
Exactly, I'm done. As you all know this same thing is still going on over in the Hotboat forum and others.

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showth...174190&page=12

I'll be talkin to you OSO'rs in other threads.

He copies and pastes everything from one board to another. Solicits a response, most of which appear to be the same on different boards. But much better info there.

He can mass produce these drives
Spanks cats, and whatever else he races
Doesn't have video or GPS, because he loves to spank them in races

In spite of all these "Victories", nobody has ever "ponied up and raced him". Heck, they won't even go for a ride.

I might be wrong here, but don't you have to be racing someone to race them?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Not trying to cause too much trouble here but, my old boat (which now belongs to my father) is a 22' Advantage Citation with a 509ci @ 700+ hp with a deep bravo. Best I ever seen was 82 mph with 50 Gallons and four people. On pump gas. I don't doubt that you can hit the 80's with your smaller, lighter and less advanced stingray but 100 mph isn't going to happen. Mine started to chine walk @ 80 (no tabs). I could't even imagine 90+ I threw around making it faster but why? Its not safe at those speeds in that small of a boat. BTW I have the #2 spot on Speedwake Microboat thread...
Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by deltaAce
I've been following this story on three different forums,

#1 TD-Rich never started out insulting anyone, he just claimed he could spank
some of the big boys in protected waters. Any corse remarks towards people seem to be his defensive comments to the pack mentality of jackels
that attack him.

#2 Has any one read the entire step by step R&D write-up done on this project?
it seems highly possible that his claims are true when you look at all the work done. Each increment of progress is documented.

#3 Has anyone noticed that this guy has been featured in magazines for engineering record breaking N2O systems. That tells me he's got some credibility, not some Johny come lately sh!t talker.

#4 Most anytime someone engineers (like racers) a kick ass go fast package & developes it after years of testing, they're not going to get satisfaction by posting the GPS speed, I believe they want to enter it in a heads up race & kick some butt with it & get notoriaty among their peers.
Rich has been asking time & again for someone to come out to his stomping
grounds & get whooped. Theres a whole site full of guys out by him,
no ones stepped up to race him.

#5 People have gone to his location to see the boat & others with high post counts have said he's a decent guy, why all the dis-respect is shown to him?
He's not a pariah for NOT showing proof or showing contempt towards his attackers, he should be proved wrong in a race.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm getting into my flame suit now!

I'm not sure why everybody is going crazy....Then again, I have only read bits and pieces. So what if he has a small boat that can go 100? So what if his boat can't go 100? I'm sure everybody in here has lied about there top speed at some point.......I would say 98% of the boats in here can't break 100, I wonder if that's why people are so wound up??
Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

George Desmond is the KING of fast small boats!!!!!

18 Donzi with Surface Drive............I think 113mph??? give are take 1-2mph.

He is the KING and more importantly was a CLASS ACT
Old 06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I think it was the 1st time Bob got to use his club's to actually hit a ball...
vnemous...i dont think sharkey meant it how you took it !!

Last edited by berns29scarab; 06-25-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2008, 01:55 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
They should swear out an arrest warrant for that boat of his. That would be the only legitimate threat to his safety. Who in their right mind would want to see him dead? He's way more amusing alive.

The last time I checked, there's no statute prohibiting any individual from sitting back and giggling while some self-aggrandizing tool digs himself a massive hole, then ends himself trying to dig out.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:04 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
Mike I know Dave and his threat is not physical it is more to the Legal side.
This whole thing with did anyone see my blue Stingray was running with the Poker Run boats should have never been started:
We as a club and you will understand this knowing T2X are no different then any other sanctioned group!
We have to file permits, get State Police permits, Coast Guard Permits and special insurance for the run.
Yes we can't control the bay but we CAN NOT allow any boat to infaltrate or become part of a poker run without waivers and papers filled out, never mind the rules and regulations of the Poker Run. WE have set standards with The State Police that our boats will be under pace with no greater speeds then 80 mph on the bay most boats run 70-75 mph to stay together. Now there are boats that run the bay and went by the Poker Run but they did not have anything to do with the run nor did they try to get invoved.
What Tripple Didgits just did was placed himself by posting that he out ran half of the guys in the run, I don't care if he was 1 mile away he just had no buisness posting that he was even near, around, running with the NJPPC. Taking pictures is one thing as long as your at a stand still. If anyone ever did that at a Sanctioned Race the Coast Guard will be towing you to shore with more tickets then you can imagine,
As a committee member I know were Dave is coming from and the rest of the committee is in an up roar over this.

DITO AND WHO WOULD BE DRAGING HIS AZZ OUT OF THE WATER IF HE FLIPPED ON OF US.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Nice. Im sure he'll be fast. 637hp, shorty noseconed alpha drive, modified bottom, and a LITTLE boat. Seems to have all the makings of a 100mph boat but.........the backpeddling did him in. You cannot claim 104mph and then back up to 85mph....especially with video of a claimed 93 mph run just a couple weeks ago. Go for 100 or dont go at all.
its not that lil it the size of a superboat - 2ft mine boats 24 4000lbs 24v with small pad 650hp plus ,83 gps 6000rpms my buds boat is a superboat 24 3500lbs 24degree v with 575 hp hes getting 76gps 5600rpms and if that small block makes 630hp I would say 80 on flat water.with tabs more speed in chop but he has no tabs, all that work and you don't have tabs. for that to hit a 100 with a round keel 19v I would think 800hp 34p b1 prop not a 26 p 4 blade at 6400rpms. plus its out he has a speedo pick up not gps

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.