Like Tree0Likes

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Registered

My Boats: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine View Post
Glad you took the time and were so helpful. Waiting to hear the on site story. Was hoping he could do it, no excuses. I always root for the underdog, (well, almost always).Thanks
Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croozin2 View Post
BTW, did any of the challengers show up and did they outrun him?????
I was wondering that also.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My Boats: 1998 32' Active Thunder (Sold)

Awe, too bad I was pulling for the old boy. He would sure make me stretch it out at 87 though.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack58 View Post
Well - perhaps Chris meant as long as it's o-fecal - he's good. I guess we're all good now...TD's claims were as suspected. All BullSh*t.
That's a damn nice pile of $hit you've got there.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Nordic Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine View Post
Thanks for bringing us the action!!

ps, I've been looking at your gallery, great stuff!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Still Chillin
VIP Member

My Boats: Formula 37PC Floating Condo

Where's the video?

Dave
Old 06-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1991 HydroSwift 2200 Cuddy VP 570 290DP

I am glad no one was hurt and that safety seemed to be a concern and protocols observed.

My opinion is the only way for somebody to see what TD's boat can do is bring $500 and race him. If he wins you are out $500 and all you know is he beat your top speed. If you win then you have to guess at where you left him, but you do get the $500.

I am just saying if you are not into that type of for-money racing (run-what -ya-brung heads up) then it may be difficult to understand why someone would not want to prove their performance and publish it in front of the whole world.

As soon as he agreed to the GPS run he has maintained that he will only do 85 and he gives the reason that it is because he does not want to reveal what his boat can do. Sounds like he is full of it UNTIL you factor in that this guy is a run-what-ya-brung racer with that boat. He says he races for $300-$500 a pop. Taken in that light he keeps his top speed secret with a purpose, that is the only way to get other boat owners to think he is full of it and race him. He claims to have spanked a lot of boats, only he and "they" know the truth on that.

Yes he brags it up, maybe that is to goad others into a race for money. I am not going to comment on the tone of posts on either side as he seems to have pushed a lot of buttons here and as a result got his buttons pushed.

I know the OffShoreOnly guys wanted a 100.01 from him or he "loses". He said he would go out and show everybody 85 and he hit 87.1. Interesting that it is just higher enough than 85 to kill any doubt about what he said he would do, but not so much higher that it gives any hints of what it may be able to hit beyond that. To me that means he seems to know exactly what his boat will do. He is a betting man, that is from others who know him. So his not wanting to show his full potential does make sense. He does put enough rhetoric out about it being a 100 mph boat to get some egos in a tizzy, and now he has the published "teaser" speed of 87.1. This may get him even more races.

Maybe the boat is just not safe at 100, or maybe it cannot hit 100 anyway, only TD and a tight circle of his acquaintenances (and any other boats that may have truly been "owned") know right now. This exercise was a waste of time as far as a real time trial event unless it can be proven that the TD boat was balls to the wall in a spirited Bonneville Salt Flats type attempt. TD will want that in doubt as long as possible to extend his boat's career as a money winner. This is his perogative as only he has to deal with the call-outs from the chat rooms and discussion boards.

I only know of TD thru his achievements in the drag racing world from a while back with that Firebird and now that '57 'Vette he built for someone that is one of the fastest street cars in the world. Those are real. I did not realize it was the same person until it was brought up here.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:43 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEE E

Douchebag.

I'm so glad I didn't drive 3 hours to watch you. I'm going to have a cocktail just to wish you on your way.

Peace!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croozin2 View Post

BTW, did any of the challengers show up and did they outrun him?????
Not one person showed up to challenge him...

I guess he's got that going for him...

The waverunner came to the line full throttle and TD dusted him off including his brother who was running low 70's. I have full sequence shots of that...

I expected a bit more on the rigging, but then again, perhaps if it was too nice it would give it away that it was a sleeper...

The boat itself was just as he describe it. Stock. I didn't notice any mods to the hull. It looks like he mostly worked the CG of the boat, and the drive...

The boat was stuck to the water as there was only just a ripple in the water. So I expected that to happen.

I would have like to see the full potential of the boat, but he seemed like he was holding back.

The engine sounded like it have some more RPM's to go.
I guess I should have checked for a tell tale on the tach. My mistake for not doing so... He said he can spin it 7,000.

My 1st concern I saw was the thickness of the propshaft if he was to run triple digits. It looks like nothing more than an outboard 200 hp propshaft.

Maybe one day someone else will actually show up to run against him so we know exactly where the boat stands...

For now, it stands at 87.1

Still an achievement but not what we all had hoped for...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

100 was the number...not 87... Only thing he proved was he has a sleeper... Enough with the "Pinks" sandbag bull chit.....

I wanted to see him do it but the show's over fellas....

Last edited by Panther; 06-29-2008 at 12:55 PM.