Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
he couldn't get it up.
LOL...
Old 06-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I guess if it was all he had, then maybe people will start lining up to run against him to make some cash!

Or at least the 1st guy that spanks him anyway....

I guess we will never know unless someone is willing to show up... So far, no one will challenge him.

There are plenty of 90+ mph boats out there on the bay, but no one has stepped up to show some speed except for him...

It could only take one boat to put the TD Project to bed...

Until that happens, it's all a guessing game....
You are exactly right...after he clicked off his 87+ mph pass he offered me a ride which i quickly excepted. We waited at the docks until almost 10AM for 2 challengers to sow up which neither of them did. He made numerous passes. He then returned to the dock sharkey shot a few pics and then WE went back out. For just under an hour WE stalked the bay looking for someone to rac, ran from Bayville to Bricktwn and saw nothing but 2 40+ foot cats...1 of which was tomcat. we ran the boat into the mid 5000 rpm range over n over and cruising at about 3k rpms with a quick blip of the wrist to just over 5k rpms the boat accelerated harder then a new turbo RXP jetski...not a doubt in my mind that this boat WILL AND DOES RUN OVER 100...and yes it is an ALPHA drive. He is really a nice dude that enjoys whinding people up. He peeled the $1000 out of his pocket which was supposed to be wagered with 2 other boats and THEY DIDNT SHOW...He offered to buy my lunch for my birthday and his buddy handed me a nice cigar which i will enjoy this evening with a glass of Johnny Blue
Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TaylorConn
I am glad no one was hurt and that safety seemed to be a concern and protocols observed.

My opinion is the only way for somebody to see what TD's boat can do is bring $500 and race him. If he wins you are out $500 and all you know is he beat your top speed. If you win then you have to guess at where you left him, but you do get the $500.

I am just saying if you are not into that type of for-money racing (run-what -ya-brung heads up) then it may be difficult to understand why someone would not want to prove their performance and publish it in front of the whole world.

As soon as he agreed to the GPS run he has maintained that he will only do 85 and he gives the reason that it is because he does not want to reveal what his boat can do. Sounds like he is full of it UNTIL you factor in that this guy is a run-what-ya-brung racer with that boat. He says he races for $300-$500 a pop. Taken in that light he keeps his top speed secret with a purpose, that is the only way to get other boat owners to think he is full of it and race him. He claims to have spanked a lot of boats, only he and "they" know the truth on that.

Yes he brags it up, maybe that is to goad others into a race for money. I am not going to comment on the tone of posts on either side as he seems to have pushed a lot of buttons here and as a result got his buttons pushed.

I know the OffShoreOnly guys wanted a 100.01 from him or he "loses". He said he would go out and show everybody 85 and he hit 87.1. Interesting that it is just higher enough than 85 to kill any doubt about what he said he would do, but not so much higher that it gives any hints of what it may be able to hit beyond that. To me that means he seems to know exactly what his boat will do. He is a betting man, that is from others who know him. So his not wanting to show his full potential does make sense. He does put enough rhetoric out about it being a 100 mph boat to get some egos in a tizzy, and now he has the published "teaser" speed of 87.1. This may get him even more races.

Maybe the boat is just not safe at 100, or maybe it cannot hit 100 anyway, only TD and a tight circle of his acquaintenances (and any other boats that may have truly been "owned") know right now. This exercise was a waste of time as far as a real time trial event unless it can be proven that the TD boat was balls to the wall in a spirited Bonneville Salt Flats type attempt. TD will want that in doubt as long as possible to extend his boat's career as a money winner. This is his perogative as only he has to deal with the call-outs from the chat rooms and discussion boards.

I only know of TD thru his achievements in the drag racing world from a while back with that Firebird and now that '57 'Vette he built for someone that is one of the fastest street cars in the world. Those are real. I did not realize it was the same person until it was brought up here.
I spent a few years bracket/street racing myself...i made no changes to my car for almost 2 seasons and it wasnt until the last race of the season that the poor bastard that wanted to run me double or nothing found out what my car really ran...TD ya may not have run 100 and im by no means A PROFESSIONAL BUT i have no doubt at all that it is a 100 mph boat...thanks for the ride was definately a blast, thank you for the offer to buy me lunch and thank your buddy for the cigar for me !!!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
You are exactly right...after he clicked off his 87+ mph pass he offered me a ride which i quickly excepted. We waited at the docks until almost 10AM for 2 challengers to sow up which neither of them did. He made numerous passes. He then returned to the dock sharkey shot a few pics and then WE went back out. For just under an hour WE stalked the bay looking for someone to rac, ran from Bayville to Bricktwn and saw nothing but 2 40+ foot cats...1 of which was tomcat. we ran the boat into the mid 5000 rpm range over n over and cruising at about 3k rpms with a quick blip of the wrist to just over 5k rpms the boat accelerated harder then a new turbo RXP jetski...not a doubt in my mind that this boat WILL AND DOES RUN OVER 100...and yes it is an ALPHA drive. He is really a nice dude that enjoys whinding people up. He peeled the $1000 out of his pocket which was supposed to be wagered with 2 other boats and THEY DIDNT SHOW...He offered to buy my lunch for my birthday and his buddy handed me a nice cigar which i will enjoy this evening with a glass of Johnny Blue

well good thats how you make friends, this guy is prob an ok dude he just does his pr from the book of reggie fountain..

good stuff, good day....

ill say this, someon show up with a boat that does 100, and some money and lets really see what this kid can do...

until than hes on the db list, but i like this kids style... he got everyone pissed off and even managed to get dave p involved in this thread...

yes i like this boy!!!!!!! maybe ill have him take over sbrt's pr relations...
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
87.1...Now is that the ofical speed. Because Buoyhunter has said on numerous occasions that as long as it's ofical, he's good.(dude, I have been killing myself laughing about that for 2 days now. To me, that is the best post of this abortion of a thread)
Its the same thing as Fiber Oftics.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
well good thats how you make friends, this guy is prob an ok dude he just does his pr from the book of reggie fountain..

good stuff, good day....

ill say this, someon show up with a boat that does 100, and some money and lets really see what this kid can do...

until than hes on the db list, but i like this kids style... he got everyone pissed off and even managed to get dave p involved in this thread...

yes i like this boy!!!!!!! maybe ill have him take over sbrt's pr relations...
stecz...you'd like him. he's definately got SBRT mentality...and he's not a kid at all...lol...he'd also have no problem racing anyone or anything comprable in speed.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

he was actually more upset that DOLLABILL was a no show, then the other 2 challengers
Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

hey mike 35...did TD know about the $1000.00 100mph pass...
Old 06-29-2008, 01:30 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
he was actually more upset that DOLLABILL was a no show, then the other 2 challengers
All I wanted was confirmation that he was going to show up. I asked Sharkey and wasn't going to confirm which is fine. All TD had to do was confirm.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I wasn't the only one calling him out on here.........................
Old 06-29-2008, 01:36 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

87 on an Alpha ain't damm bad....

HOWEVER, 93 with 4 people last weekend means he now needs 8 more people to get it back to 104+, that puts 9 people in the boat, the more peep's the faster it goes..

or so he a$$umes

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.