Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189409-any-body-see-little-blue-sting-ray-friday.html)

WeirdWalt 06-29-2008 06:22 PM

I am impressed. I know he bragged of 104, but what he has accomplished is pretty darn good. I'm a dragboat guy and he impressed me. As was said earlier he could have been a hero but chose not to. We all choose our paths and we all make those bad decisions. My hat is off to 87.1 mph in that boat, but I thumb my nose at the driver for he has established himself as unworthy of accolades for it.

That Guy 06-29-2008 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by tripple digits (Post 2606815)
No exscues Im a man of my word I sayed I would run 85 for the experts and I ran 87. Gave people rides. Fun day Now think about this and those 38 footers and 42 footers Hmm they probly would have run high sevnties in the heat of the day with almost 80 percent humidty. Im doing allrite with what I have, I'm happy.

Now to all the so called experts I did 87 mph at level it was 87 degrees and there was 82% humidty, figure that out recaculate the numbers and get back to me. This will be my new top speed number I will go out and run next time. Special now we have the 85 number out of the way we can move on. CLASS DISMISSED

Funniest post from "doubledigits" yet! Thanks for the good laugh.
Man of your word? That is good times right there! LMAO

85 number out of the way?? What the h*ll happened to 100?

"My boat does 1,000 miles an hour, this weekend I will go do 85 and PROVE it !!" is basically how it worked out.

CLASS DISMISSED???? Oh, you really taught me something.

You taught me how to spot a non-spelling big mouth with a fast boat who can't exist without attention and turmoil.

But keep it up! I swear, it is the funniest stuff I have read lately!!

Tommy

Ratickle 06-29-2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2606173)
I hear he has possibly 2 challengers coming to run him. 1 from PA and another from NY. I guess we will have to wait and see if they show too...

Was going by this, have no idea who.

MidnightRider 06-29-2008 07:13 PM

Good Point- what a moron. I can run around the board saying my Challenger runs a 557" Ford with a Cobra, a real odd piece, and it runs 107. I also could show up, and run in the mid to high eighties, and make a bunch of excuses. I am planning on an Imco shorty, standoff, an 18 blade herring, and some nitro gliserin additive. Bottom line, TD needs to be banned for bringing down the collective intelligence of the board. Good, knowledgeable people give respect here to those in need, and those aspiring. There are some good laughs, I have been hear a long time. Dudes like this make for entertaining threads, but they need to go. People like this enjoy being paid attention too, whether positive or negative. I actually thought after seeing photos of the project this guy should be respected until I read his posts. FWI TD, when rigging, maybe you should invest in a square, crooked rigging is hoakey... Another suggestion TD, have Big Chubby hull your boat to its next speed run and we will never have to see it again!:cool:

bouyhunter 06-29-2008 07:33 PM

IB or OSO doesn't ban people ( well they do, but...)
The members of the board ban people subjectively by not entertaining them with conversation.
I can't believe this jackass is actually wearing 87.1 as his new Av like it's a trophy.
He fell 12.9 below the bar.
Not something to be proud of.
Hey Double-Digits, here's your trophy for participating.

Mike 35 Fountain 06-29-2008 08:29 PM

Hey Bern........I posted that if he ran 100. I'd be there with a
grand.

I'm sure if he did, someone would have certainly found my post and brought it up. That's why I made sure I showed up.

I read a post on here by a guy named tripple digits who said
that he could run 104. And last week during the poker run was
hitting 94 with full fuel and three people. I think it was BS.
I didn't call him out. I just said prove it , for a G-note.

I didn't ask him to put up anything, just go 100. I was there
and it wasn't even close.

I'm sure he's a nice guy...blah, blah , blah.

Tripple.........I was the guy on the chopper.

Better luck next time........but I don't believe the sandbagging
story. Or the humidity or that the moon is made of cheese.

tripple digits 06-29-2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 35 Fountain (Post 2606981)
Hey Bern........I posted that if he ran 100. I'd be there with a
grand.

I'm sure if he did, someone would have certainly found my post and brought it up. That's why I made sure I showed up.

I read a post on here by a guy named tripple digits who said
that he could run 104. And last week during the poker run was
hitting 94 with full fuel and three people. I think it was BS.
I didn't call him out. I just said prove it , for a G-note.

I didn't ask him to put up anything, just go 100. I was there
and it wasn't even close.

I'm sure he's a nice guy...blah, blah , blah.

Tripple.........I was the guy on the chopper.

Better luck next time........but I don't believe the sandbagging
story. Or the humidity or that the moon is made of cheese.

LOL now its up to 94 I said I hit a best of between 92 to 93 at the poker run. @ if you had a sack you would have come rite up to me and said Hey have a grand that say you cant hit a hundred mph all you did was stand around talk Bs about me, I heard all about it, then watched then left so stop crying about how you challanged me for the G note because you did not.

long duck dong 06-29-2008 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by tripple digits (Post 2606815)
No exscues Im a man of my word I sayed I would run 85 for the experts and I ran 87. Gave people rides. Fun day Now think about this and those 38 footers and 42 footers Hmm they probly would have run high sevnties in the heat of the day with almost 80 percent humidty. Im doing allrite with what I have, I'm happy.

Now to all the so called experts I did 87 mph at level it was 87 degrees and there was 82% humidty, figure that out recaculate the numbers and get back to me. This will be my new top speed number I will go out and run next time. Special now we have the 85 number out of the way we can move on. CLASS DISMISSED

No matter how you backpedal or try and BS this board, we all know now that your chit is PUNK!....

100.1 or PUNK, you proved to all of us that your PUNK and you should wear it proudly sailor........

BlackJack58 06-29-2008 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2606919)
Hey Double-Digits, here's your trophy for participating.

Here's a trophy...

tripple digits 06-29-2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by BlackJack58 (Post 2607007)
Here's a trophy...

Thank you put this in my trophy case with the rest of them