Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tripple digits
Yes we were running with the first group and we stayed in the bay. Thats what they had to be going then because I was way out front even let them catch up to me then pulled away, like I said we were running mid 80's to low 90's
So you didn't actually run IN the poker run, you just took the boat out around a poker run that you had nothing to do with... Stayed a mile away to take some video that shows nothing.

You claim to have 200 outdrives of development, even at $500 a piece (dirt cheap) you have $100,000 sunk into that alone.

So, 100k into the drive, Hydraulic steering even cheap is $2k, Engine has to be a good $3k, and the Stingray it is all in probably cost at least 8 bucks.

I don't think anyone would mind admitting that they got beat by a Stingray that cost $105,008.00 yet no one saw you.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
So you didn't actually run IN the poker run, you just took the boat out around a poker run that you had nothing to do with... Stayed a mile away to take some video that shows nothing.

You claim to have 200 outdrives of development, even at $500 a piece (dirt cheap) you have $100,000 sunk into that alone.

So, 100k into the drive, Hydraulic steering even cheap is $2k, Engine has to be a good $3k, and the Stingray it is all in probably cost at least 8 bucks.

I don't think anyone would mind admitting that they got beat by a Stingray that cost $105,008.00 yet no one saw you.
Its funny how Im hearing all this white noise and its coming out of FL must be somthing in the water or there all slow not sure wich. Special when there so worried about a little 22 foot Sting Ray, probly the best built 22 foot no pad boat ever built. LOL if I had 105 k into my boat I would be running 125 + mph
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

bring it to brigantine we will see how well your boat does 90mph
Old 06-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
bring it to brigantine we will see how well your boat does 90mph
Im rite here in Toms River NJ you come to Typhoon and I will show you how well my boat run 90. I will even buy dinner
Old 06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Its funny how Im hearing all this white noise and its coming out of FL must be somthing in the water or there all slow not sure wich. Special when there so worried about a little 22 foot Sting Ray, probly the best built 22 foot no pad boat ever built. LOL if I had 105 k into my boat I would be running 125 + mph
Maybe the water makes us smart enough to see BS from a mile away.

I can pretty well remember you saying you went through 200 alpha drives for R&D for your project. They aren't free, and aren't cheap the last time I checked. If you got them for less than $500 a piece you could have made a fortune selling them off on eBay. Enough to buy a boat that actually goes 100+.

FYI: teh red linnes underr the wordz meanz itz mizpelled.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

...little 22 foot Sting Ray, probly the best built 22 foot no pad boat ever built...
Old 06-23-2008, 11:28 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe living in Ft. Lauderdale the past 5 years affected me, but how come no response to my offer to clock you with a radar gun?

And, I've had a little experience with a 22' stingray. I took one in on trade in maybe '01 (?). With a 350 mag, 300 hp and a 21 pitch sst prop I could see 67 out of it trimmed to the moon and no fuel. And I know how to run a boat.

As we all know, it takes an increasingly larger amount of HP to make gains as you approach higher speeds. The other issues you haven't talked about are the steering (scary) and the boats do chine walk at higher speeds.

And, one more quick thing, why are your posts getting abrasive? All you have to do is show up and we'll radar it. Over and done with. Go ahead, prove everyone wrong and you'll be an OSO star......
Old 06-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Great thread, can anyone out there help make this happen? Maybe one of the members on Lake Norman or area can volunteer to host the event? We could start a pool for a winner take all purse.

I can help, let me know.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"We were inverted."
Old 06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RebarBox

That was my first good laugh of the day.

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.