Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday >

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad no one was hurt and that safety seemed to be a concern and protocols observed.

My opinion is the only way for somebody to see what TD's boat can do is bring $500 and race him. If he wins you are out $500 and all you know is he beat your top speed. If you win then you have to guess at where you left him, but you do get the $500.

I am just saying if you are not into that type of for-money racing (run-what -ya-brung heads up) then it may be difficult to understand why someone would not want to prove their performance and publish it in front of the whole world.

As soon as he agreed to the GPS run he has maintained that he will only do 85 and he gives the reason that it is because he does not want to reveal what his boat can do. Sounds like he is full of it UNTIL you factor in that this guy is a run-what-ya-brung racer with that boat. He says he races for $300-$500 a pop. Taken in that light he keeps his top speed secret with a purpose, that is the only way to get other boat owners to think he is full of it and race him. He claims to have spanked a lot of boats, only he and "they" know the truth on that.

Yes he brags it up, maybe that is to goad others into a race for money. I am not going to comment on the tone of posts on either side as he seems to have pushed a lot of buttons here and as a result got his buttons pushed.

I know the OffShoreOnly guys wanted a 100.01 from him or he "loses". He said he would go out and show everybody 85 and he hit 87.1. Interesting that it is just higher enough than 85 to kill any doubt about what he said he would do, but not so much higher that it gives any hints of what it may be able to hit beyond that. To me that means he seems to know exactly what his boat will do. He is a betting man, that is from others who know him. So his not wanting to show his full potential does make sense. He does put enough rhetoric out about it being a 100 mph boat to get some egos in a tizzy, and now he has the published "teaser" speed of 87.1. This may get him even more races.

Maybe the boat is just not safe at 100, or maybe it cannot hit 100 anyway, only TD and a tight circle of his acquaintenances (and any other boats that may have truly been "owned") know right now. This exercise was a waste of time as far as a real time trial event unless it can be proven that the TD boat was balls to the wall in a spirited Bonneville Salt Flats type attempt. TD will want that in doubt as long as possible to extend his boat's career as a money winner. This is his perogative as only he has to deal with the call-outs from the chat rooms and discussion boards.

I only know of TD thru his achievements in the drag racing world from a while back with that Firebird and now that '57 'Vette he built for someone that is one of the fastest street cars in the world. Those are real. I did not realize it was the same person until it was brought up here.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEE E

Douchebag.

I'm so glad I didn't drive 3 hours to watch you. I'm going to have a cocktail just to wish you on your way.

Peace!
Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Croozin2

BTW, did any of the challengers show up and did they outrun him?????
Not one person showed up to challenge him...

I guess he's got that going for him...

The waverunner came to the line full throttle and TD dusted him off including his brother who was running low 70's. I have full sequence shots of that...

I expected a bit more on the rigging, but then again, perhaps if it was too nice it would give it away that it was a sleeper...

The boat itself was just as he describe it. Stock. I didn't notice any mods to the hull. It looks like he mostly worked the CG of the boat, and the drive...

The boat was stuck to the water as there was only just a ripple in the water. So I expected that to happen.

I would have like to see the full potential of the boat, but he seemed like he was holding back.

The engine sounded like it have some more RPM's to go.
I guess I should have checked for a tell tale on the tach. My mistake for not doing so... He said he can spin it 7,000.

My 1st concern I saw was the thickness of the propshaft if he was to run triple digits. It looks like nothing more than an outboard 200 hp propshaft.

Maybe one day someone else will actually show up to run against him so we know exactly where the boat stands...

For now, it stands at 87.1

Still an achievement but not what we all had hoped for...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

100 was the number...not 87... Only thing he proved was he has a sleeper... Enough with the "Pinks" sandbag bull chit.....

I wanted to see him do it but the show's over fellas....

Last edited by Panther; 06-29-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by axapowell
Where's the video?

Dave
Bernie has it on his cell phone...

I only shot stills...

Time for me to get back to my little water project before I get my a $$ kicked !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-29-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tim.........nice seeing you out there.

I disagree with you though........I think it was all he had.
maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I said in an earlier post that I would be there ,and have a
grand.....if he ran a hundred it was his.

I attempted to edit this morning but deleted instead.
However that post was quoted in DaveP 's next post.

He didn't have to run anybody else......just go 100.
I was there ,it did not come close......let's face it, getting
13 more out a boat is no small task.

I do give him a lot of credit for even making an apperance,
and that motor sounded very healthy and ran good.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
87.1...Now is that the ofical speed. Because Buoyhunter has said on numerous occasions that as long as it's ofical, he's good.(dude, I have been killing myself laughing about that for 2 days now. To me, that is the best post of this abortion of a thread)
Well, now it's officle.

87 is a let down, but I give the guy credit to have the stones to show up.
87 in a 22 with an Alpha is nothing to sneeze at.
But, boasts of 104 with 4 people and a full tank outrunning the pokerrun that you weren't in...
Barstool racing.
The boat actually looks like a nice ride for what it is. Pull that package out and put it in a real hull, you stand a better chance.

You have certainly earned one thing around OSO.

A kick in the bag everytime you open your mouth.

Originally Posted by TaylorConn
I quoted you for one reason only.
You made your very first post, and you said nothing - and that is exactly what I quoted.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:40 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just talked to Bernie. He went out in the boat and said it was very impressive. I'm sure he's right.

But, this really isn't about the boat. It's about a mouth.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Mike 35 Fountain
Hey Tim.........nice seeing you out there.

I disagree with you though........I think it was all he had.
maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I said in an earlier post that I would be there ,and have a
grand.....if he ran a hundred it was his.

I attempted to edit this morning but deleted instead.
However that post was quoted in DaveP 's next post.

He didn't have to run anybody else......just go 100.
I was there ,it did not come close......let's face it, getting
13 more out a boat is no small task.

I do give him a lot of credit for even making an apperance,
and that motor sounded very healthy and ran good.
I guess if it was all he had, then maybe people will start lining up to run against him to make some cash!

Or at least the 1st guy that spanks him anyway....

I guess we will never know unless someone is willing to show up... So far, no one will challenge him.

There are plenty of 90+ mph boats out there on the bay, but no one has stepped up to show some speed except for him...

It could only take one boat to put the TD Project to bed...

Until that happens, it's all a guessing game....

Old 06-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

Until that happens, it's all a guessing game....
No, it's over.
He had his shot.
Spotlight was on, and he couldn't get it up.

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.