Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Notices

Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
i have a vid clip of TD on my phone...can anyone post it if i email or txt it to them ?
Bern you have a pm!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
You are exactly right...after he clicked off his 87+ mph pass he offered me a ride which i quickly excepted. We waited at the docks until almost 10AM for 2 challengers to sow up which neither of them did. He made numerous passes.
What happened to these challengers? Sounds like we have more than one person who likes to shoot their mouth off, and not back it up.

Michael
Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
What happened to these challengers? Sounds like we have more than one person who likes to shoot their mouth off, and not back it up.

Michael

Old 06-29-2008, 04:43 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious... who challenged him? I don't feel like wading through 48 pages
Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

i'm not starting anything here... but listen i'm no pro but i think the 87.1 is very impressive.... i also think the guy rich or td was pretty tough to show up at all and he did say he would take challengers... nobody showed.... the triple digits does take away from the sleeper thing but nobody believes him any way....
so t.d. good job.....
still be cool to see a hundred out of that boat but impressive anyway
Old 06-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah - who else was "shooting off their mouth" and promised to show up? I can't recall anyone specifically, but then again, it never hurts to have more people to abuse...

BTW: Enough with the excuses.

"PMS may have been a factor..."
"TD was feeling a little irregular..."
"Humidity was causing his hemmoroids to act up..."
"Bottle was filled with fart gas instead of NO2..."
"Huge TD graphics on side of boat came loose, flapped and increased wind resistance..."
"Driver's Giant, Inflated Head caused increased wind resistance..."

It just sounds pathetic. He did what he did. Leave it at that and let people make their own judgment.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next year if he wants to run next to us in the poker run.It would be nice if he would pay the fee and run under the rules.It is not safe for people to "crash" poker runs.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

I just got caught up on this saga today, been busy working. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you don't pull 13 mph out your @ss with a humidity change and some tweaking. I have just started to tinker on a similar project on my challenger 24v. That 22 needs probably all off 700-750 hp to make 100. Many of you know Baker Engineering, well the $39K small block race motors my good friend Terry Senneker Jr runs in his Outlaw Late, make max 630hp. And thats the best of the best, Cup quality stuff. Do the math, seems a little unlikely on a natural application. My 2 pennies......

Last edited by MidnightRider; 06-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
No, I tend to think this soap opera is over. And that's just what it was. Like Sunkin has pointed out several times - there are many sub-20' lake boats that can do better than 87.1 or even 100mph. The whole thing was about the way TD came on here and started running his mouth, and writing verbal checks that his boat couldn't cash. The rest was a lot of ball-busting, wise-cracking and funny-azz chit that follows that kind of situation.

It made for good fun, but no 100mph reading on the GPS puts an end to it for most - at least for now. No amount of "rationalizing" makes him in any way successful. One or two people "thinking the boat had more" is not "most." And any claim that TD didn't want to reveal his true capabilities sounds asinine when you consider the boat has "TRIPLE DIGITS" plastered in huge graphics on the side of the hull. That's a real sleeper!!

That's good performance from the power package. But it's not what was advertised. Call us back when you get it up...to 100.1.
Not over at all this is Just the begining. Stay tuned
Old 06-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by tripple digits
Just got home, thank you bernie and sharkey for aclty showing up, I think that was great. Had a great time, had fun taking you guys for a ride and zipping around, I was realy hoping we could have raced some one out there but there was only those 2 monster cats. Now youve been in the boat and see how it runs and it started to get rough out. You can now tell theses people how the boat ran, Bernie made a comment on how fast it exlerates and also he said that whole time I never heard the prop come out of the water. The air was realy bad and the humitdy was realy high. Better air with same prop and set up would have been low 90's. 87 heat of the day not bad.
It looks to me like TD got caught exagerating. Obviously he has really sh*tty people skills and has pissed off everyone on the boating forums, however, I give him credit for showing up and running 87 which is pretty fast for that boat. I'm not going to sing praises for this guy but I will lay off.

Quick Reply: Any body see the little blue Sting Ray Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.