CONGRATULATIONS: Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race

Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[

CONGRADS ..To the fountain, considering the bigger boat with twice the power came all the way back from bimini on half its power.."GOTTA LOVE GUARDAIN" and since we only stopped twice to reset it. and only shut it down going close to a hundred... "it does make it a little tough to follow a line when you try to refire a motor going close to a hundred and the gps shuts off ".. but hey we still had a blast.. didnt have to be towed in .. didnt have to idle in . and only finished 2 mins behind the fountain.which no doubt had to be running flawless .. all in all glad everyone had fun .. thanks again that the fountain was on course so we could find our way home...
Old 06-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by FountainMedia
FOUNTAIN DOMINATES DON ARONOW MEMORIAL OCEAN RACE
IN THE V-BOTTOM CLASS
Sunny Isles, FL. After ruling offshore powerboat racing’s shorter in-shore courses for the last decade, Fountain Powerboats dominated the Don Aronow Memorial Ocean Race from Haulover Inlet in South Florida to Bimini and back. The 42’ Fountain, Miccosukee Indian Gaming, was the first V-bottom to complete the round trip.
“Don Aronow was a great pioneer in our sport and it was an honor to be the first V-bottom to finish this memorial ocean run,” said Fountain Powerboats CEO Reggie Fountain. “We have proven once again that on rough water or smooth, in kilo runs or endurance events, Fountain Powerboats are the fastest, best handling boats on the water.”
What made the accomplishment more amazing was that the team of owner/driver Brett Furshman and throttleman Billy Glick did it with less than half the power of the other V-bottoms in the race. The Miccosukee boat was powered by stock Mercury HP525 EFIs with Dry Sump Six drives. The 47’ OuterLimits, XXX, was powered by twin Mercury Racing HP 1075 SCi engines with Dry Sump Six Drives and left ahead of Miccosukee Indian Gaming in the staggered start format. The 45’ Cigarette Maximus, which was powered by twin 1,000-hp Zul Racing engines, started right behind Miccosukee Indian Gaming. In the end both the Outerlimits and Cigarette finished behind the Fountain.
A total of 23 boats started the event and boats left in 30-second intervals, which prevented crowding. Furshman, who is used to racing deck-to-deck in the Offshore Super Series’ tighter closed courses, said it was unusual to be competing without other boats around him, but added that there were still hazards. “It was really calm and we were running almost wide open, but you need to stay alert because you’ll hit a wake left by a freighter that’s a mile away,” he said. “We even hit a submarine wake.”
Still, nothing could stop the 42’ Fountain which ran flawlessly. As the XXX team ran all over the course on the way back to Haulover Inlet, Furshman stayed on course and passed the bigger more powerful boat to claim bragging rights as the first V-bottom to finish. In the OSS race on Sunday, the team added another win in the OSS Vee class, proving that whether you want to race across the ocean or in a closed course, Fountains dominate the world!

For More Information Visit: www.fountainpowerboats.com

Typical Reggie B.S. quotes....“We have proven once again that on rough water or smooth, in kilo runs or endurance events, Fountain Powerboats are the fastest, best handling boats on the water.”

"Fountains dominate the world!"

Ummmm except for the little fact that a cat actually won the Bimini race....A pleasure cat at that ! Where was the kitty fluffer?

Also both the Cig and OL ran into mechanical problems (no mention of that though). Also not to mention both the Cig and the OL are privately owned, non-company sponsored boats. Just guys out there to have fun.

Sorry for the hatin'...I don't "hate" Fountain boats or their owners. It's Reggies pompus azzhat antics and B.S. PR that rubs me the wrong way.....Fastest boats on the water? Out and out lie...Period. Best handling? Very arguable. But hey, whatever lie to sell more boats to an un-informed mass works for ya there Reggie.

However, congrats to Brett Furshman and Billy Glick on a great run/race.

Flame away.....
Old 06-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Brett is a great guy, and that is one of maybe 5 Fountains I'd be seen in.

Congrats to him, but Fountain nutswingers can blow me.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
Typical Reggie B.S. quotes....“We have proven once again that on rough water or smooth, in kilo runs or endurance events, Fountain Powerboats are the fastest, best handling boats on the water.”

"Fountains dominate the world!"

Ummmm except for the little fact that a cat actually won the Bimini race....A pleasure cat at that ! Where was the kitty fluffer?

Also both the Cig and OL ran into mechanical problems (no mention of that though). Also not to mention both the Cig and the OL are privately owned, non-company sponsored boats. Just guys out there to have fun.

Sorry for the hatin'...I don't "hate" Fountain boats or their owners. It's Reggies pompus azzhat antics and B.S. PR that rubs me the wrong way.....Fastest boats on the water? Out and out lie...Period. Best handling? Very arguable. But hey, whatever lie to sell more boats to an un-informed mass works for ya there Reggie.

However, congrats to Brett Furshman and Billy Glick on a great run/race.

Flame away.....
i bet if lip ship started to sell fountains you would be a big fan.....:cool-smiley
Old 06-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
i bet if lip ship started to sell fountains you would be a big fan.....:cool-smiley
Like I said...Don't dislike the boats per say....Just don't like the shady PR practices.

However, I'd have to have Phil placed on a mental evaluation hold if that ever happened.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

However, I'd have to have Phil placed on a mental evaluation hold if that ever happened.
I think it's in his living will that if that happens somebody can put a pillow over his face.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Brett is a great guy, and that is one of maybe 5 Fountains I'd be seen in.
Name the other 4
Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tank may not be a fountain nut swinger, but he is still a nut swinger.....
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
tank may not be a fountain nut swinger, but he is still a nut swinger.....
And you'll still blow Cashbar...Or anyone else for that matter

Quick Reply: CONGRATULATIONS: Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.