Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
CONGRATULATIONS:  Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race >

CONGRATULATIONS: Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race

Notices

CONGRATULATIONS: Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race

Old 06-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONGRATULATIONS: Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race

FOUNTAIN DOMINATES DON ARONOW MEMORIAL OCEAN RACE
IN THE V-BOTTOM CLASS
Sunny Isles, FL. After ruling offshore powerboat racing’s shorter in-shore courses for the last decade, Fountain Powerboats dominated the Don Aronow Memorial Ocean Race from Haulover Inlet in South Florida to Bimini and back. The 42’ Fountain, Miccosukee Indian Gaming, was the first V-bottom to complete the round trip.
“Don Aronow was a great pioneer in our sport and it was an honor to be the first V-bottom to finish this memorial ocean run,” said Fountain Powerboats CEO Reggie Fountain. “We have proven once again that on rough water or smooth, in kilo runs or endurance events, Fountain Powerboats are the fastest, best handling boats on the water.”
What made the accomplishment more amazing was that the team of owner/driver Brett Furshman and throttleman Billy Glick did it with less than half the power of the other V-bottoms in the race. The Miccosukee boat was powered by stock Mercury HP525 EFIs with Dry Sump Six drives. The 47’ OuterLimits, XXX, was powered by twin Mercury Racing HP 1075 SCi engines with Dry Sump Six Drives and left ahead of Miccosukee Indian Gaming in the staggered start format. The 45’ Cigarette Maximus, which was powered by twin 1,000-hp Zul Racing engines, started right behind Miccosukee Indian Gaming. In the end both the Outerlimits and Cigarette finished behind the Fountain.
A total of 23 boats started the event and boats left in 30-second intervals, which prevented crowding. Furshman, who is used to racing deck-to-deck in the Offshore Super Series’ tighter closed courses, said it was unusual to be competing without other boats around him, but added that there were still hazards. “It was really calm and we were running almost wide open, but you need to stay alert because you’ll hit a wake left by a freighter that’s a mile away,” he said. “We even hit a submarine wake.”
Still, nothing could stop the 42’ Fountain which ran flawlessly. As the XXX team ran all over the course on the way back to Haulover Inlet, Furshman stayed on course and passed the bigger more powerful boat to claim bragging rights as the first V-bottom to finish. In the OSS race on Sunday, the team added another win in the OSS Vee class, proving that whether you want to race across the ocean or in a closed course, Fountains dominate the world!

For More Information Visit: www.fountainpowerboats.com
Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

O Boy This Is Going To Start Some Big Time Crying
Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
O Boy This Is Going To Start Some Big Time Crying
I can't see why???? I think Team Fountain needs to get a big congrats !!!

What would this sport of offshore be without a guy like Reggie to keep things alive??? I can't think of anyone else that does more, or even as much for our sport as him.

Congrats to Team Fountain again.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Sounds like the OL went off course and afforded the fountain the time to catch up and pass them.... It's stated at the end of the article but it's written so eloquently!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,296 Likes on 3,704 Posts

Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Sounds like the OL went off course and afforded the fountain the time to catch up and pass them.... It's stated at the end of the article but it's written so eloquently!

True, and I am not a Fountain fan but isn't part of the open water race having the ability to navigate open water and get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time?

OL did not do that and i am sure they will file a complaint or something to try to take this one away from Fountain because they couldn't read a GPS.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
True, and I am not a Fountain fan but isn't part of the open water race having the ability to navigate open water and get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time?

OL did not do that and i am sure they will file a complaint or something to try to take this one away from Fountain because they couldn't read a GPS.
Can't debate that, you have to finish to win and have to find your way around the course!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!! way to go brett and fountain!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to Fountain.

Seems like in every venue, the word domination of Reggie and company, continues.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Brett.The boat looks great.Cant wait to hang with you again in KWOh and i lost 30 lbs

Quick Reply: CONGRATULATIONS: Miccosukee/Brett Furshman 1st Vee To Finish Don Aronow Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.