Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie Fountain's Offshore Adventures!! Coming to FSN >

Reggie Fountain's Offshore Adventures!! Coming to FSN

Notices

Reggie Fountain's Offshore Adventures!! Coming to FSN

Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now now kids. Calm down and behave. Maybe gets some icecream!!

Here's the thing. Love the guy or hate him. He is doing all he can to promote the sport. Granted, its self serving since he owns a boat building company. But, it benefits all of us. Its no different than when OCC or West Coast Choppers or who ever did shows about building bikes. Those spurred a boom in motorcycle sales and manufacturing. Hopefully this can help a struggling sport for us.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't spend much time in the bilge and in the political threads, you'll have absolutely no contextual reference on this.

As far as the OCC and WCC guys, both Jesse and the Teutels openly acknowledge the rest of the industry and offer themselves for what they are. They're also quick to acknowledge others out there and give credit where credit is due. They deliver what they do with a good solid dose of humility.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

250 dishnetwork channels, and I don't get that one.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered

I.m looking foward to it, great job Fountain
Old 06-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

I know what you are saying. But during times like these, its nice to see someone pushing things forward. I dont personally care about the guy one way or another. But, it might be the foot in the door that allows others to get more involved and push the sport even further. I just hope it has the same effect as those shows.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All the little egomaniac wants to do is build his empire. He'd be thrilled if all of his competitors closed their doors tomorrow. There is no vison of greater good or altruism in anything he does- just self-promotion.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You have no idea.
Literally.

My life is better than winning the lottery. I'll bet there's hundreds of others on this board who feel the same way. I know there is- I've talked to lots of them over the years. But not you, my sad little friend.

You're the guy following me and worrying about what I post and on what topics. And not just this one- all the time.

Lets take a moment and examine what you and I do on this site...

Me- I post alot in Tech. I like helping the less technical boater and I really enjoy learning from the more knowledgeable. I don't mind typing out an answer here & there- kind of sharing the load. I never claim to know it all and freely admit I've learned ebvery bit of it from others; I like the discussion about boating topics and I enjoy the debates with other people like myself; I like the Bilge- again, alot of guys like me sharing information and ideas.

You- You post baiting, inflammatory crap looking to get a rise from people. You don't even own a boat. Talk about the stereotypical odd loner. The only thing you do here is stir the pot. You're a liberal activist that's waded into this deep pond of conservatism. And you fantasize about being a hero for doing so. I was watching McCain this morning on Fox- he's delivering a speech and one lone wacko has to interrupt and scream at him. That's you. That person is what you envision yourself to be. You have yet to change one single thought on here, but you rave on. You are our Ted Kaczinski.

So Jay, stop following me. Stop baiting people into beating on you simply because you have a martyr complex.
Chris, You are an A-hole........................... Know it all!!! Just kidding. thanks for all the posts in the fiberglass forum! Dave, Audofin, and you offer good advice
Thanks,
Jr.