Gas Going To $7.00 A Gallon by 2010 >

Gas Going To $7.00 A Gallon by 2010

Notices

Gas Going To $7.00 A Gallon by 2010

Old 06-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I'll worry about 2010 gas prices in 2010.
x2! Hell we might be 6 ft under by then
Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

My hopelessly unenlightened opinion:

Demand mostly in China is the demand factor that has driven at barrel
price up.

China has been an economic juggernaut far out of proportion to the real
amount of wealth there. This house of cards will come crashing down later
this year after the olympics. China will suffer an economic disaster of economic proportions (from too much being poured in too fast on prospects that won't materialize for years to come). Their demand, actually need, for
oil will drop dramatically.

The price of gas at our pumps will never drop. Forget about that. But the above event I believe will have it plateau for several years.

But then, what do I know.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
One idea: Has anybody ever considered the fact that the higher the price goes the more tax dollars the gov't gets.....the same gov't that is trillions in the hole. Then they set up a committee to look at the problem, a committee they know couldn't resolve anything.
Second idea: Could it be our gov't is trying to covertly address the global warming "issue" that they haven't been paying attention to over the past 40 years. Could the high price of fuel be one way to basically MAKE Americans start to automatically address the situation???? Probably 90% of new car buyers are shopping for mileage when purchase.....which is exactly what the gov't wants.
I love conspiracy

The other night I was half in the bag doing a little channel surfing. I ended up on CSPAN. It was coverage of the "gas crisis Committee". I was in a trance with the babble that was dripping out of these peoples faces. If you ever get bored...I mean real bored, flip on CSPAN and grab a good cocktail.
Tax is per gallon so the consipracy theory aint looking so good
Old 06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
How are you going to do that? Oil is traded in every major city in the world. This is just more chest thumping and idle threats by the politicians who know nothing about commodities markets. Let's say everyone got together and stopped futures trading. What then? We we would have no oil deliveries. Oh, that's a great idea.

Besides that, what is speculation anyway? It just means oil is being priced at what it is worth at the moment. No one has a corner on the oil market.

Instead of everyone complaining, you have to look at alternatives. I think natural gas is our best bet for a transportation fuel. It's much cheaper than gasoline, and the US has huge NG reserves. There are some tradeoffs in terms of vehicle range, but everything has a tradeoff. Second thing is to stop burning natural gas to produce electricity. That's just a waste.

Michael
You are a misguided fellow in regards to the oil speculation; however I agree with you on alternatives.

Read an article about the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), and their "Enron Loophole".

WE are being F'd in the A by the commodity exchange.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ion-unleashed/

Oil would fall to $70 a barrel OVERNIGHT if our do nothing congress would step in and regulate the trading.

-Joe
Old 06-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joestoll
You are a misguided fellow in regards to the oil speculation; however I agree with you on alternatives.

Read an article about the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), and their "Enron Loophole".

Oil would fall to $70 a barrel OVERNIGHT if our do nothing congress would step in and regulate the trading.

-Joe
If you stop trading in the US nothing is going to happen to the price of fuel. If we are only willing to spend 70.00 a gallon and europe is willing to spend 130.00 then guess who is going to get the oil.....
Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by joestoll

-Joe
Joe, you didn't read my entire post, so you can stop with the "misguided" crapola. American regulators have no control over global oil markets. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. They can pass all the regulations they want on American commodities markets, and it will have no effect on the any other market So if they pass their so called "Enron loophole" legislation (obviously named liberals who like to blame everything on business), the oil futures will just get traded somewhere else.

If you really think it is speculation, then sit down, and relax. The market will correct, just like it has in housing.

Mark my words. It is all talk by the politicians. They won't accomplish a thing.

Michael
Old 06-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

[
If you really think it is speculation, then sit down, and relax. The market will correct, just like it has in housing.
Michael[/QUOTE]

That I have to see. My house when up 3 grand last year and then went down 20 grand this year. A big F**k me for building a new house when I did two years ago. I am just glad I sold the boat and the dually when I did.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
So you have two years to increase your income enough to still afford to go boating.Yes if this happens it will end high performance boating for anyone making an average income.Make sure you are not in that group and you will be fine
I don't know about you chest thumpers, but the only way I know how to make money that fast is to print it myself. I got into a bigger boat knowing that it was the dumbest purchase I'll ever make in my life. Yes I've owned boats before but not in this climate. I agree with the second post (I believe it was #2) Live for the day if it's something you've been looking forward to and are at that point in you're life that you can do it without bringing down "the house of cards". I would not be surprised if my purchase four months ago is worth nothing and gas is either cost prohibitive or non-existant in the not too distant future. But hey, I had a very good idea it may happen and chose to roll with it, that's the price I put on my boating experience.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT
Michael

That I have to see. My house when up 3 grand last year and then went down 20 grand this year. A big F**k me for building a new house when I did two years ago. I am just glad I sold the boat and the dually when I did.
Personally, I don't think the oil situation is speculation. I just think we hit a brick wall on the supply/demand curve. BTW, what do you care if your house went down 20K in value anyway, unless you were speculating and planning on selling soon? It's just a paper loss, and 20K is nothing in the housing market anyway. I say enjoy the new house!

Michael

Quick Reply: Gas Going To $7.00 A Gallon by 2010

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.