Notices

New Toy - BLUE THUNDER

Old 06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Cheap Bastage
Trust me, I am not cheap. Just short on cash flow.

I might sell the race boat. Don't know if I can keep them both right now. Burned $500 of fuel through it yesterday and didn't really run it that hard.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroMarine

The boat is an AeroMarine. The hull was originally designed by Cougar in England. Then the molds were made for FlightMarine in Fort Lauderdale around 1980. Then the molds went to Aero Marine.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CatuLater
The boat is an AeroMarine. The hull was originally designed by Cougar in England. Then the molds were made for FlightMarine in Fort Lauderdale around 1980. Then the molds went to Aero Marine.
So is it still a cougar? Or is it an Aero Marine?

Title says Cougar, so that is what it will stay legally.

I have been trying to do some research as to where the molds ended up after this company disolved? Was there more developement? Where did the guys go that worked there, and where are they now? Maybe they don't do boats anymore, but if they did, where did their knowledge end up.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man

I might sell the race boat. Don't know if I can keep them both right now. Burned $500 of fuel through it yesterday and didn't really run it that hard.
Get used to it can't put a price of funn
Old 06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Get used to it can't put a price of funn
That's what I tell the girls in the strip club.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned

That's what I tell the girls in the strip club.
No BIG Daddy thats what they tell you
Old 06-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

No BIG Daddy thats what they tell you
Only when I am negotiating.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered

Default Blue Thunder

It's a Cougar SportCat 30, It was built at the 188st North Miami factory in the 80's for Ross Pero? (the guy who ran for president) I was part of the team who built it, looks in good condition. The hull was originaly designed for Wellcraft not Flight, Wellcraft did not put it into production as they were worried cats would not take off, so Cougar produced them, during the life span there where three deck designs, I cut the moulds up about ten years ago when we had a big clearout.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CougarM
It's a Cougar SportCat 30, It was built at the 188st North Miami factory in the 80's for Ross Pero? (the guy who ran for president) I was part of the team who built it, looks in good condition. The hull was originaly designed for Wellcraft not Flight, Wellcraft did not put it into production as they were worried cats would not take off, so Cougar produced them, during the life span there where three deck designs, I cut the moulds up about ten years ago when we had a big clearout.
Cool. Good info.

As far as the RossPerot thing, I havn't verified it myself yet, but i have heard it from 2 sources.

Working on a few of the smaller issues on it right now. Mostly electrical stuff and a few trim indicator cables, so I can get it ready for the Tres class.

Thanks for the info. How many of these boats were built with either of the decks?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

Cool. Good info.

As far as the RossPerot thing, I havn't verified it myself yet, but i have heard it from 2 sources.

Working on a few of the smaller issues on it right now. Mostly electrical stuff and a few trim indicator cables, so I can get it ready for the Tres class.

Thanks for the info. How many of these boats were built with either of the decks?
It was Ross's boat BIG Daddy and was suppose to come with some really cool lookin autographed pics ... Better head to ross's house this morn

Quick Reply: New Toy - BLUE THUNDER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.