Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   08/ Ozarks OSS Beer and Introductions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189927-08-ozarks-oss-beer-introductions.html)

Ken C 06-30-2008 01:58 AM

08/ Ozarks OSS Beer and Introductions

I am new on here and to midwestboatparty
I would like to see if those of us who are attending the 2008 / OSS
Championships in the Ozarks can plan a get-together there.
I will be there for the week from Fri -Fri Staying in a Condo in the Four Seasons Area.
Anyone interested in all getting together for a beer and introductions?

Ken
also at chiefcoble1 (at) hotmail

Brent Medley 07-02-2008 07:13 PM

Last year we did a fun run to Dick's the Friday of OSS Race weekend.......departed from around Dog Days @ 11:00(or was that a poker run?.....I think just a fun run.....but nontheless several boats and a good time!)

baywatch 07-02-2008 07:34 PM

we'll be around Thurs-Mon. of that weekend. Best weekend of the year in my opinion.

Griff 07-03-2008 12:47 AM

Planning on being there Fri -Mon, but have a few other trips down alraedy in the works. I'll start thinking about OSS after I get our Labor Day plans nailed down. Might end up leaving the boat down there between LD and OSS.

Ron P 07-03-2008 09:32 AM

See ya there. The Toad really puts on a great show.

Ken C 07-06-2008 05:23 AM

Will be in my brothers small 20 ft Mastercraft. He has been there before and said it was down right scary in that boat. But does feel that we can watch the races this year from it, since it should be closed and no wake.
Is this so? or just to small a boat to get out there?

Second question: Where is the best spot to watch the race from a boat?

sommerfliesby 07-06-2008 07:30 AM

We'll be in at the Aqua Fin...right across the street from the dry pits just like last year. We scored a 3000 sq. foot condo with three levels and two bars...slept 15 or so...depending on random people that just ended up on the floor. I'm sure the Leverage people as well as the Hooters and Peppers teams might recall with pleasure the naked chick wandering around in our garage....:D.

As for watching the race...heck...I think it was waaaay better on land. Anchoring is no picnic out there with the water depth 75-90 feet in a lot of places...plus it was really windy last year and rafts were gettting blown all over the place. If you can get out by the Toad or Shady Gators, by all means DO IT. The 20-footer might be alright DURING the race, but afterwards, things get rough fast. With a freeboard as low as that on a MasterCraft, you might get in trouble....we were getting bounced pretty good on a post-race run over to Dockknockers, and couldn't even pull in because the cove was too rough.

BTW...Shady Gators was the BOMB last year...way better than the Toad.

Griff 07-06-2008 03:32 PM

In a 20 foot ski boat, you better go hide in cove for 20 mins after the races.It will be 3-5 foot waves all over.

Ken C 07-07-2008 03:42 AM

Will take the advise. We will be sure to get by Horny toads and then get the hell out of there after or hide out.
We are staying at "The Tree Top Pines Condo's (By Four Seasons)

How will the boating be for us in the 20ft the rest of the week (Mon-Thurs). I'm thinking why even take the boat if we can't use it anytime during the race weekend or the during the week after?
Does the lake die down through the week so we could use it?

omerta one 07-07-2008 11:06 AM

You will be fine the rest of the week...best time of year to boat on LOTO.