Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
More power, use less gas on Methanol injection >

More power, use less gas on Methanol injection

Notices

More power, use less gas on Methanol injection

Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Brad Zastrow;2610581]It was a custom setup for my engine.

In 106 miles on Lake Michigan the boat used less than 5 gals.

Wheres the pics ?????????????????
In 106 miles on Lake Michigan the boat used less than 5 gals. ???? were you under 8 lbs of B@@st for most of the run ??? the ICE INJ kit burns 18 gallons per hour when the selenoids open & lites are glowin
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

No pics but here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOCaGYyrOs Winthrop Harbor to Chicago and back north to Racine and back to Winthrop in about 60 minutes driving time. We did stop for a water break in Racine.

I cruise at 100-120 mph at 3 pounds of boost 4500 rpm at 2/3 throttle. Saves the engine that way. If I am at 8 pounds of boost or more I am going quite fast and not sure where I could stay in the throttle that long or even want to. I did use a fair amount at the Poker Run because of working the sticks in the water condtions.

Michael1 you are correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 07-02-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Brad Zastrow;2610785]No pics but here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOCaGYyrOs

I cruise at 100-120 mph at 3 pounds of boost 4500 rpm at 2/3 throttle. Saves the engine that way. If I am at 8 pounds of boost or more I am going quite fast and not sure where I could stay in the throttle that long or even want to. I did use a fair amount at the Poker Run because of working the sticks in the water condtions.

Thats damn good BIG Daddy , what gear in those drives 1.24 or 1.35 ???? Sounds awesome you should ROCK the shootout this year ..what did ya run last year at shooters ?? thnx in advance
Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Brad Zastrow;2610785]No pics but here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOCaGYyrOs

C@@l Vid BIG Daddy but i thought maybe you had pics of your install from ICE INJ @ rudy ......

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-02-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Brad,as far as running "windshield washer fluid" in your exspensive motor,I will re-state what I said again in case someone misunderstood this,A local supplier (super-flite oil co) sells 55 gallon drums of methanol alcohol,it contains no water,dye,soap etc, just typical industrial methanol alchohol. It's mainly used to mix windshield washer fluid to keep it from freezing but can be used for whatever you would use methanol alchohol for,the local drag and circle track guys have bought it this way for years for their motors,its no better or worse then what your getting because its the same stuff,Smitty
Old 07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by articfriends
Brad,as far as running "windshield washer fluid" in your exspensive motor,I will re-state what I said again in case someone misunderstood this,A local supplier (super-flite oil co) sells 55 gallon drums of methanol alcohol,it contains no water,dye,soap etc, just typical industrial methanol alchohol. It's mainly used to mix windshield washer fluid to keep it from freezing but can be used for whatever you would use methanol alchohol for,the local drag and circle track guys have bought it this way for years for their motors,its no better or worse then what your getting because its the same stuff,Smitty
Smitty is super-flite in Mich , or ILL ?????? If you know could sure use a half dozen drums of it ... Don't know about Brads 5 gallonsfor 106 miles but we blew thru 55 gallons on a few test & tune runs and the KY poker run and we're out
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sure wish someone would have told me 16 pistons ago.
Rudy @ Iceinjections is a first class act.He will supply my pistons after metanol kit is installed.
Just kidding Glen!!
Bill ya need to change your name to something esle no more running hot skater brother.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Bill you had me at Loto also!!!
Brad your testing and reporting the great gains is the reason this site is still here. Now I cant wait I have my Christmas wish!! Sorry Aris I wont need another 8.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Smitty is super-flite in Mich , or ILL ?????? If you know could sure use a half dozen drums of it ... Don't know about Brads 5 gallonsfor 106 miles but we blew thru 55 gallons on a few test & tune runs and the KY poker run and we're out
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Superflite oil is a local petroleum product distributer in the mid Mi area,169$ a 55 gallon drum wholesale but I wouldn't be surprised if Kirk Jurinek called a few local places in you guy's area he could probably find the same deal. Have someone (like him) that has a automotive or marine business call a local oil distributer (the place I deal with sells 55 gallon drums of motor oil,gear oil,cases of oil,aeresol products by the 12 count,car wash supplys etc to automotive shops,they even have free drop gate truck delivery in their servicing area). The stuff used to be 69 cents a gallon a few years ago,it was so cheap they had to charge you for the drum. I can't see it being any more money in your area then mine if you find the right place,Smitty
Old 07-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is cause.....Gasoline is for washing parts.

Gasoline is semi crap fuel.

In racing the only reason anybody uses gasoline is because the rules mandate it.

I believe (don't quote me) methanol is the equivalent of 116 octane gasoline.

And it cools your pistons, valves, etc. Although, it is corrosive to certain metals.

Quick Reply: More power, use less gas on Methanol injection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.