Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions! >

Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions!

Notices

Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:06 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple thoughts.

1. I went from a 42 Fountain X w/ 600's to a _oncept 32 w/ 250 verados. Put about 15 hours on it with 3 trips I think. Could'nt take it. It just wasn't the same.

2. The Fountain 38 CC w/ Quad 300's will do it all day long, but thats a whole diff animal than what he is describing
Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Lattitude are the old powerplay molds......
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
I copied a post he made on another forum and edited it. Whoops - missed one. BUT it is relevant as I do ride w/ him some.
PHEW !!!!!!!!! Better then me thinking you were talking in the third person and going CC on us !!!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maintenance is definately easier. I have no way of comparing rides on bigger boats like that. But the outboards require much less maintenance and even though I still prefer to clean mine regularly, I feel better about just hosing and running if I'm in a hurry. Which means I often stay on the water longer.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
PHEW !!!!!!!!! Better then me thinking you were talking in the third person and going CC on us !!!
No, but I am....for many reasons above and beyond the ones listed above.

Just can't bring myself to list this boat...yet.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
We've kicked around building a CC Deck for the 37 Active Thunder. We've got some other stuff up our sleeve too.
I'll be talking to ya next weekend!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I have owned a 328 Glasstream with twin 275 Verados. The boat ran 72mph all day long. If you performance boat for the adrinaline rush dont go from a AT to a CC. It will put you to sleep.

As far as maintenance and cost go. The CC maintenance was less when it comes to regular maintenance. The oil in a 275 Verado has to be changes ever 100 hours versus 25 with the 525EFI. Other than that the maintenance cost are identical.

Cleaning time was exactly the same. It is not easier and it doesn’t take less time if you are going to keep a boat in mint condition. There is a lot more bleach and scrubbing needed to keep the cockpit floor spotless in a CC.

Operating cost of the CC was marginally I got 2.2 MPG on 93 versus 1.75 MPG (via smartcraft) with the 525EFI. If you go to triple to get the speed you go down to about 1.5MPG with 300 Verados on 93. Do the math after you figure the 30-50 cents more you have to pay for 93 versus 87.

The bottom line is if you think you cost will be half, you are wrong. Figure 10-20% less at the most. When you spending what I spend on the sport that is a marginal savings. It felt like I was saving pennies.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
I have owned a 328 Glasstream with twin 275 Verados. The boat ran 72mph all day long. If you performance boat for the adrinaline rush dont go from a AT to a CC. It will put you to sleep.

As far as maintenance and cost go. The CC maintenance was less when it comes to regular maintenance. The oil in a 275 Verado has to be changes ever 100 hours versus 25 with the 525EFI. Other than that the maintenance cost are identical.

Cleaning time was exactly the same. It is not easier and it doesn’t take less time if you are going to keep a boat in mint condition. There is a lot more bleach and scrubbing needed to keep the cockpit floor spotless in a CC.

Operating cost of the CC was marginally I got 2.2 MPG on 93 versus 1.75 MPG (via smartcraft) with the 525EFI. If you go to triple to get the speed you go down to about 1.5MPG with 300 Verados on 93. Do the math after you figure the 30-50 cents more you have to pay for 93 versus 87.

The bottom line is if you think you cost will be half, you are wrong. Figure 10-20% less at the most. When you spending what I spend on the sport that is a marginal savings. It felt like I was saving pennies.

THAT is the kind of info needed.
More?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

BILLR,
My name is Fred Brady and I represent ALLSTAR Marine and Latitude Powerboats. t500hps is correct. The Latitude 35SS and 35OSF utilizing the molds for the former Powerplay 33.

Team Latitude prides themselves in offering a line of performance center consoles manufactured using the most innovative materials and process' in the boating industry. All of the Latitude Powerboats are manufactured utilizing the vacuum bagging process and every deck is bonded to their hulls three hundred and sixty degrees.

Latitude Powerboats are primarily offered in two versions, the SS (Super Sport) and OSF (Offshore Sport Fish). The SS version includes a reverse arch, racing bolster, and stationary rear seating arrangement. The OSF Version includes a T-Top, Leaning Post, and choice of removable or folding rear seating arrangement. Although these two versions are Latitude's primary configurations your custom built Latitude is not limited by any means. Power packages, optional equipment, hull colors, graphics, interior materials and configurations for your personalized Custom manufactured Latitude are only limited to your imagination while maintaining a production line boat price point.
If I can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Below are links to a number of photos of the Latitude 35SS including construction, still photos, and running shots. The other links are 2008 issues of Hot Boat Magazine featureing the Latitude 28SS and Latitude 35SS

(CUT AND PAST LINK BELOW INTO YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW PHOTOS)

<http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AaMXDZk2bsmFY&notag=1>

http://hotboat.com/movies/hb_mag_june_08.swf

http://hotboat.com/movies/hb_mag_mar_08.swf

Thank you for the opportunity to present you with information regarding Latitude Powerboats offered by ALLSTAR Marine.

Sincerely,
Fred Brady
ALLSTAR Marine - Latitude Sales
[email protected]
Mobile: 410-320-9220
Marina: 410-574-8281
www.allstarmarineonline.com
www.latitudepowerboats.com
Attached Thumbnails Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions!-35-0016.jpg   Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions!-35-0070.jpg   Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions!-28-0053.jpg