Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189967-selling-boat-getting-center-console-questions.html)

BillR 06-30-2008 02:58 PM

Selling the boat and getting a Center Console??? Questions!

Lately a friend has been thinking of selling his 38' boat. The boat is maintained so it looks better than it did when it came out of the factory. He thinks he wants a boat that is easier to maintain. (like spray off and put up vs. hand wash / dry / etc after each day)
He feelsl compelled to keep it in like new or better condition and he is "thinking" a CC would be easier to maintain. For those of you that have a center console - can you please help out
So if you have a center console, can you please answer these questions.
BTW: He is thinking of a performance CC - kinda like a Concept 32 like Maryland Mark's

1. He is used to a nice 38' boat ride. Will a center console ride good or beat him to death?
2. Is there a CC that will run at least 80?
3. Is the general up keep easier on a CC?
4. What is the fuel economy on a CC w/ twin 300's?
5. If you have one - would you buy it again?
6. Is it a dry ride?

Any other info would be appreciated.
Thanks

obnoxus 06-30-2008 03:00 PM

concerning question #1,,,,, dont you mean beat HIM to death !!!??? :evilb:

t500hps 06-30-2008 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by obnoxus (Post 2607924)

I saw that too!!! :)

salesmanship 06-30-2008 03:22 PM

Does your friend want all 6 of those parameters in one boat?

BAJA WILL 06-30-2008 04:11 PM

BillR

Not going to happen with a twin set up, to get a CC that will ride well will require tripp, to get over 70mph.

Here is some #'s for you.

34 CC
weight 8000lbs
tripp275 Verado 70+
50 mph burn39 GPH

Anything less will not ride as well as his 38 so what is more important. :D

WILL

Sydwayz 06-30-2008 04:29 PM

We've kicked around building a CC Deck for the 37 Active Thunder. We've got some other stuff up our sleeve too.

rush 06-30-2008 04:42 PM

There was a long thread on this just awhile back. I would do a search on it here.

24skaterVA 06-30-2008 05:52 PM

My father just purchased a 02' 28' Baja CC w/ twin 200s. His intentions are to take the boat to his house in Tampa. After 2 weekends he is ready to sell his 35' FasTech & find another CC for up here on the Chick.

I would think you are going to lose some top speed but w/ outboards you should still have a nice cruise speed. The amount of room is incredible, & not having to crawl over a windshield is also a big plus (especially for my parents )

I think the CC is much easier to clean, we just hose out the inside. If it gets really dirty we use a soap & brush.

BillR 06-30-2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by obnoxus (Post 2607924)

I copied a post he made on another forum and edited it. Whoops - missed one. BUT it is relevant as I do ride w/ him some.

A 32 Concept looks cool, how fast are they w/ 300's? He mentioned Concept, Glasstream, Donzi, Latitude. I have not heard of two of those.

OldSchool 06-30-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2608053)
We've kicked around building a CC Deck for the 37 Active Thunder. We've got some other stuff up our sleeve too.

Now that would be a dry ride in any conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung0 04: