Info Please on Thoroughbred Boats >

Info Please on Thoroughbred Boats

Notices

Info Please on Thoroughbred Boats

Old 02-27-2002, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info Please on Thoroughbred Boats

What can any tell me about thoroughbred boats.I cant find much info on them.Found 1 for sale 1994 26ft. Boat is listed at 33k 465hp bravo1 .It looks like a sonic. any info would be helpful
Old 02-27-2002, 12:59 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 26' Thoroughbred boat you are talking about is probably a Velocity.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing like a sonic... flat deck very little head room in the cabin. They have a delta pad bottom so they run pretty hard... speeds close to stepped boats. A friend of mine had a 1993 and had a problem with a crack in the hull and Steve Stepp fixed it no Questions asked....I think they're pretty cool a little over-priced at new....my.02
Old 02-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Thoroughbred is a Velocity. I'm not sure about the name change. I asked about the name change in the Velocity section. Velocity is a light non step pad bottom V. They claim as fast or faster than a steped hull without the handling drawbacks of steps. Unfortunatly do to there light layup alot of bad press has surfaced. Problems with the hulls not holding up under some tough use. They are a bit short in height in the cabin. But I feel the wide beam resulting in a wide cabin makes up for it.

I've looked at alot of boats on land. Velocity is on the top of my short list for my next boat. I've never ran one in the water yet. That's next on my list. But I'm also looking for a boat to run on the missisippi. If I where looking to run some serious offshore I'd own a Pantera no ?'s asked.

Brian
Old 02-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Registered

I can't remember all the details but it was Velocity, then Steve Stepp somehow got Regal involved and then split with them after a while and was not allowed to make boats with the Velocity name anymore so he changed the name to Thoroughbred. That's also how the Regal Velocity came to be. There is a guy around here with a 28' Thoroughbred HP500 that does 80mph. I have heard they are a handful to drive though.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Velocity was sold to regal boats.then the name was bought back.In between,stepp built thoroughbred boats.same molds are now renamed velocity again.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:31 PM
Registered

Anyone know the years that this took place. So as I understand a Regal Velocity is not a Stgeve stepp velocity built boat? Is there a difference between the ones that Regal made and the real Velocity's?
Old 02-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

yea what Airpacker said.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:06 PM
Registered

Default Thxs for the .02

Thanks for the info.I am looking for a new ride.
This one was at the upper end of my $$$ but
had no facts on it.

Thxs Riverrunner

always trying to go bigger
Old 02-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Registered

I have a 26velocity they are fast fun boats. They will take anykind of water you want. I run mine on Lake Superior, been in anything from 1ft chop to 6ftwaves. Velocitys are fun to drive although they chime walk about 65, but I have been told once you hit about 70 they settle down. I only have 310hp, so I cant make it there yet only made it to 67so far.

Quick Reply: Info Please on Thoroughbred Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.