Notices

New to Donzi

Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Donzi

I recently made the switch from single I/O to a twin. I noticed that Donzi has switched the Port and Starboard LH and RH rotations. I have not seen any other makes do this. Does anyone know why? Has anyone seen any positive or drawbacks to this? Any information would be appreciated.

Tim
Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Tim,

Does your set up look like this? Where the props spin in towards each other?

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails New to Donzi-drives.jpg  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Yes...But that looks like a fountain... I have not seen any like that, usually the RH is on the right. Do you have info on this?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Tim, welcome to the site.

Each and every boat has different characteristics when spinning the props "in" vs. "out". Spinning in often gives you more speed, but looses handling when docking, and can make the rear of the boat feel real 'loose' at top end. Spinning out often regains that lost handling at idle, but sucks the boat further down into the water at higher speeds, and slows the boat down.

I'd try to find out via contacting Donzi on how your boat was set up from the Factory, and then go from there.

FWIW, I was born in Valpo, and grew up 30 minutes from you. There are a few NW Indiana boaters here on the site, as well as a sizable group in Chicago.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-25-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

I think the way they are set-up gives them more top-end with their hull design. The only problem with the rotation that way is that it is a little more difficult to back-up and takes a while to get use to it.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

You might try posting your boat's specifics in the Donzi forum, and seeing what other owners of similar boats have had their best experiences with.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IUHalls
Yes...But that looks like a fountain... I have not seen any like that, usually the RH is on the right. Do you have info on this?
Tim,

Welcome to the site as well! Yes that is a Fountain and what Sydwayz and mjpcowboy is very true as well.

A lot of the builders have gone with the set up like yours where the drives are probably closer together, higher up on the transom and the props spin inward and as they said this is for more top end. Some builders offer either set up, but what you are looking at is completely normal. Best of luck with the new boat!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, I'm one of the nuts Sydwayz was talking about, I'm not to far from you and could help out if you need anything. We are a pretty tight nit group and are always willing to help out the new guy. In fact thats how alot of us met.

My mom has a place over in Valpo.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Wow, you guys are quick appreciate all the feedback. Look forward to seeing some of you from the NW Indiana/ Chi Town area out on the lake! It will be a little bit though, stuck in Iraq for a bit longer. Only have a short leave between now and next summer. Again, appreciate the quick responses.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by IUHalls
Wow, you guys are quick appreciate all the feedback. Look forward to seeing some of you from the NW Indiana/ Chi Town area out on the lake! It will be a little bit though, stuck in Iraq for a bit longer. Only have a short leave between now and next summer. Again, appreciate the quick responses.
Keep your head down, and Godspeed in returning safely and soon. You will have fun when you get back over here and get to run with the upper Midwest crew.

Quick Reply: New to Donzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.