Put In Bay, 1st time question

Notices

Put In Bay, 1st time question

Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Bolles Harbor has good launch but the big problem is it is a MI DNR launch site the DNR will not allow overnight parking. (at least as of last year) Lately Ian and I launch out of the Erie Metro Park and head over from there. However that being said we plan on taking a chance this Thursday and launch there to head to Toledo for two nights so we can join up with LEOPA for the the fireworks on Friday. Ian thinks if we get a ticket it will be cheaper then towing to Toledo and launching at Minkies.
Has anyone tried leaving their rig over night at Bolles I can't imagine they would tow the truck and 43' trailer.

Who plans on doing the LEOPA thing on Friday?
did not know that, good info. i have never had to leave anything over night there. I dont think i am doing the fireworks but i will be over at the Minke ramp area. I have a house on the water there and i think i may throw the Donzi in and stick around Anchor point area for the weekend. I think LEOPA is going to meet in the area for the opening of the new bar at anchor point.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Captnmike
Elizabeth Park, just south of Trenton, on the road to Grosse Isle, has a great ramp and good security.

But if I was you and the date is the important factor in your weekend, I would go ahead and drive out to the state park on Cataba Island. Cross the pretty new bridge in Toledo and follow Hiway 2 around.

Woah is the man who has to make the run back back to Detroit on Sunday in 8 to 10's with a slight hangover.

Use the gas saved to go to Kelly's and Sandusky Bay...you will enjoy your weekend a lot more.

On Erie, it's better to want to boat, then have to boat, on some days.

Mike
YA, I know what 30 miles in rough water with a hangover can do. The only time we can stay is come over Friday and back on Sunday and Sunday we need to leave kind of early to get back home at a decent time. So, is there a good chance that if we run to Kellys Saturday afternoon we would be able to get a spot again at the dock?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

rules
1. dont dtink on the dock
2.dont passout or puke in the park
3. dont pile 15 drunken jackasses in a golfcart

follows those rules and you wont worry about the police.

Axels is decent food and a break from the madness

and last but not least..always remember..."friends dont let friends wear buckets"
Old 07-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
rules

and last but not least..always remember..."friends dont let friends wear buckets"
Old 07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

has anyone mentioned Frostys pizza yet? Best on the island . . . or the lake for that matter.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wieland77
Hey guys,

Ive never been to put in bay and would like to head down mid August with a couple buddies and their boats (my 28' Saber, a 35 Cafe Racer, and a 40' Fountain). From reading, for the most part you raft off the city docks/channel, right? If that were the case, is it safe to leave your boat there overnight while you stay somewhere in town, ie one of the Island Club rentals. Would head over to the island early Friday morning and spend the weekend. Just wondering what to expect, ANY info/advice would be much appreciated.

Oh ya, forgot to mention, it is for a bachelor party. Thanks, MIKE
where do you plan on launching at????
Old 07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Old 07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
where do you plan on launching at????
Thats kind of what i am trying to figure out. I have never benn down in that area before, do most people come out of Port Clinton? We dont mind a little bit of a ride, anything closer to MI is good. What would you recommend. We are leaving Bay City MI area that Friday and would like to get to the Island before noon so we have a good chance at being able to raft up together. Bay City is about 3 hours from Port Clinton.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wieland77
Thats kind of what i am trying to figure out. I have never benn down in that area before, do most people come out of Port Clinton? We dont mind a little bit of a ride, anything closer to MI is good. What would you recommend. We are leaving Bay City MI area that Friday and would like to get to the Island before noon so we have a good chance at being able to raft up together. Bay City is about 3 hours from Port Clinton.
Unless the weather is really bad (weather meaning wind direction and wave height, screw rain.) I think that Dave's suggestion of Bolles Harbor is a good one. It is a straight shot and you come in kind of north of Camp Perry and the range. I think that it is almost due east, with a slight south. But you can make a straight line from Bolles Harbor to PIB. 30 minutes at 60mph in decent conditions. If the weather is nice at all... Bolles Harbor is a great launching spot. It will be quicker than dragging the boats to Port Clinton too, unless the lake is whipped up. Just don't make any sharp turns out of their channel. Have a good time and be safe.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
has anyone mentioned Frostys pizza yet? Best on the island . . . or the lake for that matter.

Dont forget the jello shots at the Beer Barrel and the hot dogs around the corner aint too shabby either

Quick Reply: Put In Bay, 1st time question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.