Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains??? >

Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains???

Notices

Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains???

Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains???

Any opinions on Alpine vs JL Audio? I am comparing the JL Marine component speakers M770's and the Alpine Type-R 7". I really like the component part of the JL's since my front cockpit speaker is nearly completely blocked by my bolsters and it gives me the ability to mount the tweeter up high. Also, any opinion on the subs? I have read all the good things about the JL's on here, but haven't heard much about Alpine stuff other than the amps.

I am trying to justify the over double the price tag of the JL's.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You get what you pay for. Hard to beat JL's.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I have never had JL's and have only heard good about them. When I install Subs' I'm pretty sure I'm going to with the new Alpines. They are rated for more power 300w vs 175w for the JL's and cost less.

Also, there is a pair of JL's 10's on ebay right now for $320 that ends in 5 hr's.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to sidetrack your thread, but I went throught the same delima last yr when build my boat. I ended up going with Kicker amp, subs and components. ALot less$$$$ and I could not be happer. I was able to run a single amp for everything which made it easy and it really rocks.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Not trying to sidetrack your thread, but I went throught the same delima last yr when build my boat. I ended up going with Kicker amp, subs and components. ALot less$$$$ and I could not be happer. I was able to run a single amp for everything which made it easy and it really rocks.
Just because you can hear it clearly at 150 mph? That doesn't necessarily mean that it rocks
Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I know you get what you pay for, but I also think in JL's case a lot is in the name. Hard to believe that their stuff is more thank 2x as good as anyone else as their price reflects. Maybe if I never listen to them I won't know what I am missing.

I would probably be all over the Alpine if I could get components. I will have to look into Kicker. I just think it would sound better in my situation if I could get those tweeters mounted higher.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Here is the placement of 44MTI's. It is loud and clear.
Attached Thumbnails Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains???-front.jpg   Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains???-interior.jpg  
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill 3
Any opinions on Alpine vs JL Audio? I am comparing the JL Marine component speakers M770's and the Alpine Type-R 7". I really like the component part of the JL's since my front cockpit speaker is nearly completely blocked by my bolsters and it gives me the ability to mount the tweeter up high. Also, any opinion on the subs? I have read all the good things about the JL's on here, but haven't heard much about Alpine stuff other than the amps.

I am trying to justify the over double the price tag of the JL's.

Thanks,
Bill
When it comes to subs JL all the way.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would really like to see someone who has some experience with both the Alpine subs and JL subs for an equal comparison. I think that the Alpines are so new that not many people have used them yet.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some Polk amps and some JL and both perform fine and pound the speakers until the battery is down and out.

Quick Reply: Alpine vs. JL Audio Subs/Mains???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.