ripped off by boattrader add >

ripped off by boattrader add

Notices

ripped off by boattrader add

Old 07-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default ripped off by boattrader add

A friend needed a set 300 hp small blocks for a Sea ray Pachenga 27,there was an add on Boattrader from a guy that had 2 x 300 hp 5,7 L carb mercruisers for sale 2006 with 50 hrs ,complete engines for $ 8500 My friend saw these engines new for around 10-11K for a set ,so he found the price not that bad .

The picture in the add shows a set exacty what he needed,a set complete engines by looks like new condition.
I called the guy ,he is located in Florida Ft Lauderdale (I got his name and adress )he said the engines were like new condition with only 50 hrs

We agreed $ 7500 for both engines,and he could deliver the engines in a warehouse so they could be shipped to my friends place in Europe .

Today my friend received a few pics that the guys at the warehouse had taken ,and it seems that both engines were just old corroded small blocks with aftermarket exhaust (badly corroded) with only the carburator and distributor on the engine ....no flywheel,no bellhousing no pully,s no starter alternator ,no wiring.......just 10 year old long blocks with old carburators and old exhaust ,worth maybe $ 1000 ...???

We tried to call the guy ,but the phone was currently unavailable ....mmmm.....

Any advice what to do guys ???

We are located in Europe ,we paid him through our shipping agent ,they gave him a cashier check....

I know we had to do this a bit different off course ,we better had sent the picture from the add to the guys at the warehouse ,so they could see the engines are not the ones that were on boattraders add ...

He is located in Margate FL FT Lauderdale

I have all the details incl a copy of his drivers licence ,whats the best thing to do ????

thanks A.J
Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

no idea but sad to hear... keep us posted on the ''how the case waS HANDLED''...
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks. Are you sure his drivers license is not fake as well? You might want to post his name maybe someone here knows him.

Google his name and email as well. You might find him on other forums.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

If he is really in Ft Lauderdale I guarantee someone on here knows him....

I say post his name and info and he will be found.

Good luck.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I spoke with him today ,he picked up the phone ,I told him we are very dissapointed ,and felt cheated with the engines and that we need a solution to this problem.
He said he used these engines from new for 50 hrs ,and they were perfect engines .....must be running perfect without starters, flywheels ,alternators ,power steering pump,wiring sensors ,pulley,s ,belts etc etc
Anyway he said he would call me tomorrow ..

I,II keep this posted

A.J
Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post ALL His info
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any chance it is the warehouse guys, not the seller's issue?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Is there any chance it is the warehouse guys, not the seller's issue?
Eww, that would be interesting. Warehouse worker swaps them out with his old, tired motors.......

It just always blows when you hear about shady or misrepreseneted deals like this.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
the Flightmaster
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This warehouse **** sounds pretty strange to me. It sounds like the guy smooth talked you to get of the phone and buy some time. You have to get some straight facts. Please post the pictures, so we can see what you have seen, and maybe make a more qualified call on this.
Just donīt lose any time now. If the guy is straight, he should be able to understand your concern, but if he is selling piss as malt, he will do his best to play for time.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U better head over to margate florida with a Lg can of W@@p Azz and meet face to face ...phuch the phone chit

Quick Reply: ripped off by boattrader add

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.