Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Scumbag tried to break in while I was home >

Scumbag tried to break in while I was home

Notices

Scumbag tried to break in while I was home

Old 07-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAT??????!!!!!!!!??????? Not only are you guys boatin fools...but you're gun crazy as well?!?!?!?! This is the greatest place EVER! LOL.
Not sure of the links off hand but for your low light encounters i'd def recommend trijicon or Crimson Trace sights! In the home i've got a few "toys" that stay hot and ready for any uninvited guests.....the S&W 357, with 7 shots of 300gr conical nose's stays tucked away at the computer desk, the S&W 99 in 40cal, holds 11 of federal's pers defense rounds with the hydro-shok nose, and fitted with factory installed laser sight is ALWAYS IWB anytime i leave the house! And incase those don't work, i've got a mossberg 20ga with an 18" barrel, sling, pistol grip, and crimson trace light system! It holds 5 in the tube, and 1 in the hole. MY personal preference for loads in this are the first 3 are #6 birdshot, and the final 3 are 00buck. Birdshot at close range WILL knock anyone down. And in a close quarter situation, when you're concerned about possible pass through into another room, or thru the perp...buckshot and slugs are just too much. You get a gut or face full of birdshot and you ain't doin sh!t!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Another quick recomendation, for anyone who carries on the water....be sure it's a fully stainless! Many handguns are available in this and for the shotgun lovers out there, Mossberg makes a sweet stainless 12ga pump with a 24" barrel. It's called "The Mariner"! Check it out, it's worth it!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

stepuncle shoots a home sawn-off Mossberg.

older with a wooden stock & grips.

its semi-auto though...went to the range and he shot (more like emptied it) from the hip no problem. then his wife did.

12 GA most defenitely.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

I would have let him about half way in and then pistol whipped him until he was out cold and then let EMS take him out on a stretcher!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
JnT
Registered

This is what we use for an all around scare the sh!t out of the burglar.
Mossberg 590A1 in marine coat. Never had to shoot it other than practice thank goodness.
I read an article that ratcheting the slide on a shotgun is as much a deterrent as a boom.
Works for me.
Jim
Old 07-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

When I got my CW permit my instructor told me that the sound of a shell being pumped into the barrel of a shotgun is the most feared sound in the world.....I know I don't ever want to hear it outside of hunting season!!!

Originally Posted by JnT
I read an article that ratcheting the slide on a shotgun is as much a deterrent as a boom.
Works for me.
Jim
Old 07-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

45. cal glock works great
Old 07-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK
I would have let him about half way in and then pistol whipped him until he was out cold and then let EMS take him out on a stretcher!!!
LOL!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK
CAPTAIN CHUCK I LIKE THAT IDEA JUST WHOOP THAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

When I was a kid (2 or 3) a guy knocked on my door and when my mom opened it he tried to force his way in. The timing couldn't have been better on my dad's part because he was puling up to the house just as the guy was getting into the foyer.

He saw what was happening and commenced to beating the guy senseless with a piece of rebar he had in his truck!!!
Needless to say he was in the hospital for about a week before he went to jail.

My dad loves to tell that story and it never gets old!!!

And that is where I get my mentality from....

Quick Reply: Scumbag tried to break in while I was home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.