Notices

Why is it???

Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is it???

That we see so many of the boats that are on the covers on the magazines for sale a year after purchase with less than 40 hours on them.

Is it that those who buy them get bored with such beautiful machinery that quick?
Do they have so much money that they just sell them so they can have the newer model?
Is it because gas got so expensive?

Someone fill me in?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would be amazed how many wealthy people blow it all as they think the money will never stop flowing. Ive known a few multi millionaires, one who bought a new bigger boat every year (outer limits) who now drives a bread truck.. honest.
"A fool and his money soon part"
Old 07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To a lot of these fortunate guys, building a boat is more fun than owning it. Trying to come up with new ideas or ways to push the envelope on the next build. The $$ is usually not the problem.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM

I have often wondered the same, the best is (I won't mention names) but when I see a OSOer brother, build a new awsome boat, take delivery, and in a week put it in the classified?? WTF,
Old 07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I have often wondered the same, the best is (I won't mention names) but when I see a OSOer brother, build a new awsome boat, take delivery, and in a week put it in the classified?? WTF,
Jassman is a special case.
That's just how he rolls.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

The fun is in the build, the creation. I know a lot of guys with unlimited funds that enjoy the build, whether it is a boat, a building, or a car and then sell it shortly after finishing the project. I do not have the money to build a boat with all of the options and motors that I would want, but I have fun adding the little customizing touches that I can afford. That keeps the boat new and it does not get boring. It would be a blast to have that kind of cash and build the ultimate offshore boat.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by fabin61
That we see so many of the boats that are on the covers on the magazines for sale a year after purchase with less than 40 hours on them.

Is it that those who buy them get bored with such beautiful machinery that quick?
Do they have so much money that they just sell them so they can have the newer model?
Is it because gas got so expensive?

Someone fill me in?
Ever think they could be making more money? Some owners have pull at the factories and will get a better price than Joe Public Boater and build a cool boat, use it and sell it for a small profit.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Ever think they could be making more money? Some owners have pull at the factories and will get a better price than Joe Public Boater and build a cool boat, use it and sell it for a small profit.
I thought about that a little also. A good buyer is hard to find, and if that buyer is in the market when the market is down, I would think the factories would take good care of him to keep the cash flowing and stay in business.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
BINGO!!! The builders know that these boats will get the press and all the PR for free and that is good for them so the guys with the bucks to put up front to have them built probly get them way cheaper than you might think. Than when the average joe comes along they make it up on him.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered

I used to wonder about this and someone told me that the
boat gets put for sale immediatly, because they know it's
going to take a year or two to sell anyway.

I questioned it as it pertains to yachts........some went for sale
even before completion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.