Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? >

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Notices

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wantingmore
This whole deal is bullsh*t! Where the hell are we living...Russia??

I can't believe the assault on personal liberty. We need to stand up as representatives of America that won't let their personal rights get taken away.

Grow some balls *******s.

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
Your're too old if its too loud.

Total BS about decibel ordinance.
Originally Posted by waterboy222
If you want a quiet lake experience, move your old ass to a lake thats not historic for fast boats, loud music and hot women.. The last places to be loud and fast in this world was the water, the sky and the desert.. Now things have changed..

Come with me to the REAL WORLD gentlemen. Where Joe Successful has worked his ass off for thirty years, made his fortune and is trying to impress his other old-ass upper class friends at his multimillion dollar home on the coolest lake in the midwest. Think he might be a little pissed when he can't hold a conversation because of some jerk reving his open exhaust in the cove?

Besides money, what else does Joe have? Connections. The kind of connections that get laws passed. Like I said, it's the real world.......
Old 07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1

How about a compromise, such as a once a month "open exhaust" day? That could be fun.

Michael
They actually do.... Almost every poker run and special event if they apply for a permit are exempt....

I am one that truly enjoys the loud boat sound, nothing better than hearing a couple of stearlings @ 7am shooting down the main channel to start your day.... That being said, The days of just being obnoxious are over.

I find it VERY hard to believe this is a random incident. He had to REALLY piss off the water patrol for this kind of action. Will be interesting to see what the "real" story actually is!

I was told spacifically from an officer, this is an invitation to stop you, but they will rarely write a ticket for it, that is unless there is possibly an attitude issue, but it generally leads to BWI's etc...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fine line here comes down to respect. It was said unfortunately that some people despise the loud noise, especially sitting at a nice restaurant listening to the slamming of the throttles. I personally enjoy the sounds of healthy motors but it can be done respectfully and often times it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else. They do make turn-downs and even captain's call exhaust that I used where and when it was appropriate. Just be respectful and typically it will not go the route of an arrest. How many times do you see some big boats limp out on one motor just to reduce the exposure to such!!!! Anyway, my .02.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masher44
F Loto, hopefully he comes to Grand. He is a cool dude!

No noise restrictions on Grand. Bring that bad a$$ boat down to Oklahoma and don't worry about your exhaust anymore.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

There are hundreds of boaters on LOTO with load azz boats that dont get arrested. Something happened or was brewing that we dont know about.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Steve_H

i could care less about the noise but he brought it on himself by being obnoxious revving it up everywhere he goes for the last 2 years.

water patrol has a no tolerance attitude lately and they will site you for ANYTHING they can it seams. the lake is changing and its not for the better imo

Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

go lake cumberland....no noise restrictions....loud as you want....but this lake is a dump....ugliest lake i have ever been on...and i have seen alot of them...
Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Im glad everyone has an imput on the subject but honestly how do you quiet down over 2000 hp? If you want a quiet time make it after people go to bed, not the middle of the day.
I would understand if it was midnight and was waking people up, but it wasnt and i think people are just jealous. if they had the boat they wouldnt be cryin anymore. make a quiet time and leave the daytime boater alone.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just spoke to Travis and I can set the record straight.

Travis was NOT arrested. He was NOT ticketed nor did he get a written warning. He WAS having a snack with 5 gorgeous hardbodies at Backwater Jacks. The water patrol DID tell him they had gotten two calls about a too-loud boat and advised him to get some kind of muffling system. Travis has affixed some clamp-ons and was not hasseled the following time he took the boat out.

For the record: Travis does NOT need to free-rev his engines anymore, because Brad Smith has dialed-in his carbs to not load-up at idle. He WILL however give them a quick blast if a pretty enough girl asks him.

Travis does NOT drink when he is running his boat. The example he sets in that regard for his children and friends is absolutely true.

Hopefully this will end the speculation that Travis is in trouble. The water patrol guys are cool and can be reasoned with as they were at the confrontation at BWJ's.

Last edited by Edward R. Cozzi; 07-08-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

Sounds like what I expected. Thanks for clearing it up!

Quick Reply: WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.