Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190418-white-lightning-arrested-backwater-jacks-db.html)

stillboatin 07-07-2008 07:30 PM

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Hey i heard that the captin of the whitelightning boat was arrested at backwater jacks this weekend while trying to treat 5 hot ladies to diner. Seems that this whole db law is getting way out of hand. with all the the things that happen at loto you would think that the waterpatrol could find something better to do than hate on a man that is just doin a little " CAT HUNTIN" Numerous people have wrecks and even die on that lake every year, you would think that our tax dollars could do a little better job with their time. Seriously you cant hardly keep a wave runner under the db level. All the revenue that place collects from all the hard core boater should be a little more productive than trying to run people off ! :hitfan:

Wild 07-07-2008 07:41 PM

i agree, go after the drunks and after the waverunner guys that cut us off. Leave the loud pipes alone. i have never seen travis run his boat in an out of control way. I have also never seen him drink while operating his boat, so all he is doing is wrong is having loud engines. Oh well

Wild

DollaBill 07-07-2008 07:44 PM

Total BS! Agree, go after the drunks.

(But, it will make for a good story and I bet got some azz 'cuz chicks love bad boys ;))

sommerfliesby 07-07-2008 08:17 PM

ARRESTED???? Damn...that's going a bit far for noise, don't ya think?

jryan26 07-07-2008 08:26 PM

Damn that sucks. Maybe since the lake traffic is less they are trying to make up the lost money in tickets.

Frequency 07-07-2008 08:27 PM

I've heard that Travis is a great guy and from what I gather it's true. I also know his boat is known as "the loudest boat in the history of mankind". LOTO is a small world, and I doubt the authorities just decided to arrest him out of the blue one day. I would think (hope) that he had received warnings, citations, failed to pay, failed to show up in court, etc., before being arrested.

I am all for preserving the freedoms we enjoy. I also know that I would rather boat in a fast quiet (relatively) boat that in no boat at all. Why put yourself in the crosshairs?

masher44 07-07-2008 09:33 PM

F Loto, hopefully he comes to Grand. He is a cool dude!

Coolerman 07-07-2008 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Frequency (Post 2615106)
I've heard that Travis is a great guy and from what I gather it's true. I also know his boat is known as "the loudest boat in the history of mankind". LOTO is a small world, and I doubt the authorities just decided to arrest him out of the blue one day. I would think (hope) that he had received warnings, citations, failed to pay, failed to show up in court, etc., before being arrested.

I am all for preserving the freedoms we enjoy. I also know that I would rather boat in a fast quiet (relatively) boat that in no boat at all. Why put yourself in the crosshairs?

I'm with ya on that...

I personally would love to have a boat that sounds like white lightning, but when will people with open exhaust get it through their head that they will eventually make boats like this outlawed altogether? People associate noise with speed, so they want to outlaw them both.

mpally 07-07-2008 09:57 PM

If he was told to get the boat off the lake until it's legal and didn't, I believe the water patrol has the power to arrest. I agree that the WP should focus their attention on more serious offenses, but they are criticized for the checkpoints as well. Seems like the WP can't win in some people's books.

Chris Sunkin 07-07-2008 10:09 PM

If I had a couple mil in house on the lake, my viwepoint would be different. There is a happy medium to be had between the noise these boats produce at idle and in no wake/slow speed zones and the desires of the homeowners.

I suppose I look at it like this- there are kids in my neighborhood that have car stereos that rattle my windows- literally, On some Saturdays, it seems like there's a nonstop stream of them. If I want to have a relaxing afternoon in my yard, I have to endure an onslaught of profanity-laced rap music at 130dB. Not much different than my boat in someone's canal.

...and isn't the owner of White Lightning the guy who likes to free-rev the motors?