Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
AirDock - Anyone familiar with them? >

AirDock - Anyone familiar with them?

Notices

AirDock - Anyone familiar with them?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AirDock - Anyone familiar with them?

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of these 'lifts', whether it be good, bad or indifferent?

www.airdock.com

Thanks,

-MB
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

I'd be scared to blow them off with the prop when docking or leaving if they are not properly lowered, but I don't know this product enough, just thought it was / could be a great product when I saw them in pboat magazine...curious to see answers...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Send a PM to Full Throttle 525. He's got one in Milford CT and has had pretty good luck with it. I think his may be for sale also...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Spoke with the owner a number of years ago...he's a great guy and definately willing to stand behind his product. I wanted to buy one...$3000 at the time vs $10k for a Hydrohoist...seemed like a perfect deal to me...UNTIL the jacka$$ harbor director decided he wouldn't allow anything BUT Hydros....POS. So, I had to go with the more expensive option...which I WILL be selling at the end of this year for sure if anyone is interested...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A buddy of mine has an almost new hydrohoist that he is looking to get $4000 or $5000 for it. He brought his boat back from Florida but left the hoist in Florida and listed it here in the classifieds. The hoist held a 31 formula fastech but I know it was rated for more weight. I am sure you can work something out with him to get it back to CT. His name is Jason and his number is 860 817 4611. On another note, I ordered the airdock a few years ago and it showed up at my house in 10 different boxes. After looking at all the boxes and the directions I ended up sending the thing back because it just looked like to much work. If you could get my buddys hoist for a little more money I would go for it. But to answer your question, everybody I talked to said the airdock is a good product.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I had an airdock.
There are a few threads about it.
Just do a search for 'Airdock' in the title.
I've written quite an amount here. Too much to do again. Sorry.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:05 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok, well i did the search and it seems i've been pm'ing.
soooo.... bowen, you've got a PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

I have 3 Sunsations sitting on them in the Hudson River. We find the install to be pretty easy. We have a pretty good system installing them. I will suggest you purchase the PVC cradle with it. We have been approached by 2 other people in the area to do the install.

Give me a call and I will let you in on some of the "tricks" to put it all together with ease.

It is really a great bang for the buck!!!

Tom
Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered

Good stuff everyone, thanks for the input! Yeah, the main reason I was intrigued by the Airdock was because of the reasonable cost, and the ability to remove it from the water easily in the winter. We have already had one lift destroyed by ice.

I had considered a Hydrohoist, but someone told me you need the water to be very deep in order for the hoist to drop out of the way sufficiently. Anyone know how much water is needed? At my dock, at the shallowest point, it can be as little as 4' deep.

Tom, I am over on Candlewood, there are quite a few beautiful Sunsations running around here! If I wind up going with an Airdock I will definitely take you up on your offer for install advice.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I keep my Sunsation on one. Caused quite a stir around the boat club. lol Some people really don't dig change so much! Bought it used from another Sunny owner who was upgrading.

It works and works well! Best investment made so far in that boat! One good tip found from experience.....unless you have a LOT of room on your docks, assemble, inflate and tow it to your slip. Very narrow docks where I'm at and we managed to tear a couple small holes (likely on protruding nailheads) that we, of course, didn't find until AFTER it was all in the water and the boat on top. However, repairs are also very easy!

Rather than drag it out, we towed it up the river to the yard and had it forklifted out while still inflated. Put it back in the same way after repairs and towed it back. Worked much better that way!

Quick Reply: AirDock - Anyone familiar with them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.