Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What happened to Kryptonite? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190713-what-happened-kryptonite.html)

onesickpantera 07-10-2008 12:20 PM

What happened to Kryptonite?

Are they still building boats? There was a thread a few months ago that they were moving their facility. I see their website has been down for awhile too.

Gladhe8er 07-10-2008 12:33 PM

They just cranked out a 29' raceboat. There is a thread over on S&F.

Ryan Beckley 07-10-2008 12:51 PM

The new race boat is called SuperHeat and was rigged by Joey Imprescia @ EastCoast Marine......

onesickpantera 07-10-2008 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see they are still putting a few out!

Big Time 07-10-2008 01:33 PM

Are you sure that is a brand new hull.....I know there were a couple of unrigged hulls sitting around....might this be one of them?

Love those Kryptonite's....great looking boat!

onesickpantera 07-10-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 2618791)
Are you sure that is a brand new hull.....I know there were a couple of unrigged hulls sitting around....might this be one of them?

Love those Kryptonite's....great looking boat!

Good point! I have no idea.

Tom A. 07-10-2008 02:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The last I heard, going back to this winter, they still did not have a new production facility set up. I loved my 29' and would have loved to see them make another 39' or a 36' sport model. A couple years ago when I owned my 29, I talked to Kirk about building either a 39 or a 36 sport deck but it never happened. The one 39 Hot Rock runs some great numbers and they built a 36 that was a center console. We talked about building a staggered 36 or 39 with a stretched 29' style deck. That would have been a kick-azz boat. I hope they do make a comeback because they had some real nice looking and performing boats. My 29 ran with the best of them in most conditions.

onesickpantera 07-10-2008 02:27 PM

Tom A their 27/29 did run well in big water! I remember watching Typhoon battle Activator in F1 back in 2002(I think) and both those boats were VERY impressive!

Big Time 07-10-2008 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2618831)
The last I heard, going back to this winter, they still did not have a new production facility set up. I loved my 29' and would have loved to see them make another 39' or a 36' sport model. A couple years ago when I owned my 29, I talked to Kirk about building either a 39 or a 36 sport deck but it never happened. The one 39 Hot Rock runs some great numbers and they built a 36 that was a center console. We talked about building a staggered 36 or 39 with a stretched 29' style deck. That would have been a kick-azz boat. I hope they do make a comeback because they had some real nice looking and performing boats. My 29 ran with the best of them in most conditions.

Tom, I remember seeing that boat in the classifieds for a while...I was following it a little, even though I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on something. I hope they keep them in production!!