Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad it wasn't a FAJA
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
Driver Stupidity. Good example on why these new powerboat owners should be trained on the boat operation before being let loose.
Regardless of any amount of training there are two kinds of boaters - ones that have run aground, and ones that have lied about not running aground
Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Regardless of any amount of training there are two kinds of boaters - ones that have run aground, and ones that have lied about not running aground

My buddy laid down his Fat Boy years ago, a lady slammed on the brakes in front of him and he went down right before hitting her, the motorcycle cop that showed up to the scene had the same scenario about Motorcycle Riders!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Kinda like JFK jr flying into the muck getting disoriented ending up in a death spiral...Lessons learned from a pilot's perspective.
You know Hillary sabotaged that plane, otherwise she could not have been a senator in New York.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Well it came off that way and you brought it back up and for the life of me I can't understand why when it was long gone and forgotten. Or is it that the members (cult) should be back now and you want them to see it????? It seemed to me that Pat put an end to with his last comment.
I did not bring it back up. mccaffertee did.

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
Someone else posted driver stupidity. You are saying it's not???
I am not disagreeing with Pat's assessment. He was a sales rep for Sonic for 20 years, and has been selling AT-s for a couple years. I didn't want anyone to think this was an untrained new boat owner, or someone that got a "free demo boat" or something like that; all speculations which have been launched on this thread.

The thread starter wanted details, details, details, even though he already knew them. I was just adding some more.

I think that's just about everything that could be said about this event. I know I'm typed out.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-14-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool

You can't have it both ways dude. Whenever something happens with a Cig, it's always big news.

Craig
That is EXACTLY right.

Why haven't the obligatory lanyard beatings started, or the personal insults to the driver by the self appointed OSO jury?? No crying about insurance rates rising, especially by boatless keyboard jockeys?? Those are usually standard protocal once it's been confirmed no one is dead from the accident. I see nothing that makes this any different?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian is correct mostly. Why this thread was started as an accident thread I DON'T KNOW.

It was a error in judgment on a very foggy morning where the run had all ready been delayed for a short period of time. The fog did not set in until after the run had started. It was a minor incident that has become a big mistake. The owner and I are friends. There were four people on board and like Brian said it was a soft grounding in muck. No one was hurt the boat was just not able to be removed by driving it due to the owner not wanting to incur any damage trying to remove it himself. Called BoatUS and well let's just say got screwed due to their errors also in trying to pull the boat off. Scrapes to the skegs are all that happened.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
That is EXACTLY right.

Why haven't the obligatory lanyard beatings started, or the personal insults to the driver by the self appointed OSO jury?? No crying about insurance rates rising, especially by boatless keyboard jockeys?? Those are usually standard protocal once it's been confirmed no one is dead from the accident. I see nothing that makes this any different?
I have to agree and am glad it hasn't gone that way. Lanyard? It was said he shut it down in a timely manner, Personal insults? its never been stated who it was ( I have a very good guess). Insurance? it was a demo boat so it is owened by the company? and I would guess that never came into play. Boatless keyboard jockey? that would be me but not by choice and I am sorry if I come across like that, I was a member of the "cult" #3 to be exact and am always interested in the goings on of them.

Last edited by cosmic12; 07-15-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, my webstats are up this week!

Sensationalism works.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Default Pat

Any publicity is better then no publicity, Isn’t that what they say in Hollywood?

Quick Reply: Active Thunder Crash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.