Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT - Is it just me, or does "Comcast High Speed Internet" blow donkeys? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19095-ot-just-me-does-comcast-high-speed-internet-blow-donkeys.html)

MikeStar 02-28-2002 09:45 AM

OT - Is it just me, or does "Comcast High Speed Internet" blow donkeys?

I converted to "new improved" service two days ago and have not had reliable e-mail service since. When I do get mail, it's running 6-10 hours behind; much of my mail simply does not go through.

And of course, the trained chimpanzees on the other end of the phone are less than helpful; "clueless" would be giving them too much credit.

So, anyone else (especially in Michigan) having trouble? What about you east coast types that have been on for a bit?

To top it off, they just sent me a notice that they were bumping my rate by 7 bucks a month. Now that I think about it, they sent that notice through snail-mail rather than online - thing maybe they know something I don't :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

MooseKnuckle 02-28-2002 09:54 AM

Not really any major problems. Only had a couple of problems with email not connecting the first try. Emails have been on time since the conversion.

My only problem is trying to get a web site started. They offer it, but when I call to ask questions, their responses "I don't think that service is working yet." Why make it available then??

Overall, not bad. I don't like the $7 increase either. I thinking of buying my own modem so I don't have to rent from them each month.

Missmymoney 02-28-2002 09:55 AM

Comcast HSI sucks
SLOWER then my boat and thats slow.

I have had no problems with e-mail yet.
Tom

MikeStar 02-28-2002 10:03 AM

Every msg I've sent to the house today has failed... overall, I'm guessing that maybe 1/3 of my e-mail has not been received since I switched...

rainmn 02-28-2002 10:39 AM

Welcome to my world Mike. I'm in NJ, so we went through the conversion process a few months ago, during which, I had no service for 2 weeks. They could train monkeys to answer the phones and do a better job than what they have now.
Since the transition, outages have been more frequent and the service has been slower. As for the e-mail, that was working ok until a few days ago. Now when I go to check meesages, it's hit or miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That all started after the e-mail was down for 2 or 3 days completely.
And we also got the price increase to boot.
What made me laugh was during the transition, and I had no service - when you called customer service, the recording told you to go their site for support. If I could get to their site, why would I be waiting on hold to talk with a moron?
I left them a nice nasty message on the feddback section of the site two weeks ago. Today I got an e-mail that basically said they haven't read any of it, and if I still had a problem to send it again.
Comcast blows, but I don't really know what else to try. Tried DSL last year, but the other idiots at Verizon couldn't get that to work either.

MikeStar 02-28-2002 10:45 AM

I'm basically screwed - DSL is not available in my area and I don't feel like paying big dinero for a fractional T1 or the like. Hopefully they'll get their chit together soon...