Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Handicapping Website Covers Offshore Racing ? >

Handicapping Website Covers Offshore Racing ?

Notices

Handicapping Website Covers Offshore Racing ?

Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does a handicapping service who has no experience in offshore racing sell themselves as experts in the field? If you had to talk them into adding it, then they haven't done it before. Isn't the reason one uses a handicapping service because they have a proven track record in the sports they provide services on?

I'm not trying to crap in your oatmeal, I'm just curious as to how it will work.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluellama message me with your favorite energy drink and I'll see what we can work out.

JayHawk... You've got a good point. It's three guys who have handicapping expertise but as you were saying they don't have the track record in offshore racing.

The whole point of getting Offshore Powerboat racing onto their website was to help get more attention to the sport. If we get offshore racing in front of more people, it will only grow the sport. The type of people who visit handicapping websites are the true die hard fans...

To answer your question I honestly don't know exactly how they plan on doing it. They haven't worked out the details yet but they're definitely looking into it and it's only going to help the sport so I'm excited they even listened to me.

On a joking note: I bet I'd be 70% accurate going into the next OSS race for picking winners.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I think its pretty cool!!! Any inside info on the next winner in SVL?