Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   KUDOS to Young Performance!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/191188-kudos-young-performance.html)

Pwrbt33 07-16-2008 07:09 AM

KUDOS to Young Performance!!!

Its not often in the Marine Industry that people give kudos to a particular company when they did good, but you always seem to hear about the bad ones along with the rip offs!

I was having problems with a boat that Eddie rigged a long time ago, After hours of trying everything under the sun I gave Eddie a call. It seems I always call Eddie either when he's on the dyno or sleeping! I tell him my problem and he immediately starts telling me where to check and look at. This one stumped us both! After 2 days of phone calls and taking a man from his work to help me we came up with a decision. Both PCMs were bad!!!!?? Yah, thats what we said!! Eddie took on finding me 2 of these and then finding the cal for them and loading them onto the new to us PCMs which took a while!! All while the customer and I were calling him going Where is my sh!t!! You know how boat guys are when they havent had there boat all season! All this crap and taking on his own work load which is tremendous right now. Stayed up late, installed the cal, drove around at night to find a UPS drop box and next day aired these out to me! Put them on and low and behold, they fire right up!!

Ed, my customer and I thank you very very much!!!!!! To anyone else who is looking for a top notch guy that stands behind his work and goes the 20 extra miles to keep you running, give Eddie Young a try, he's one of the good guys!!!

Thanks again Eddie!!
John Smith
JAWS Marine

niceguy 07-16-2008 08:29 AM

He always takes the time time to answer all of my silly internet questions..... and I dont even have a boat. (yet) So honestly, this does not surprise me about him.

I bet you will find lots of people on here who will agree with this thread!!!

BlackJack58 07-16-2008 08:32 AM

While many of the jerks who try to rip of OSO'ers are regularly and rightfully skewered on this board, it's nice to see that a solid company that provides great service can get a pat on the back. I think it makes us all feel better. Hats off to Eddie and all of those like him! :ernaehrung004:

Jassman 07-16-2008 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by BlackJack58 (Post 2625219)
While many of the jerks who try to rip of OSO'ers are regularly and rightfully skewered on this board, it's nice to see that a solid company that provides great service can get a pat on the back. I think it makes us all feel better. Hats off to Eddie and all of those like him! :ernaehrung004:

I agree..we need to start hearing more good jobs during and after the sale ...Good Job Eddie.

baja27 07-16-2008 08:47 AM

Great to hear that there are still stand up guys! Lots of scum out there.
PS: We will be down in your neck of the woods on the 26th of July are you going to be out?

littledcsrodshop 07-16-2008 09:48 AM

I will add that Eddie went out of his way for me & treated me very well on some work he did for me not to long ago & he has been Very helpfull ever since.. I will also add that it wasn't a job that kept his family eating for too long... Despite the fact that it wasn't a "big money" job he treated it the same as it was... He went out of his way for me & my family & even offered to drive a good distance to meet us on our way back over...I will add best of all when we were in his home hanging out with the family as soon as he walked in the door the eyes of his beautifull little girl light up like the sun...:cool:

I agree it seems that in about any line of work & in any arena ect... (esp. here on oso) It's usually the bad stuff that gets all the air time & not often enough somebody gets a little praise for happy customers & their hard work. Keep up the good work Eddie !!! & Despite my not getting a chance to even touch my boat in over 3 weeks I am sure I will be talking to you soon enough...

Young Performance 07-16-2008 11:11 AM

Thank you everyone. You know, this really isn't that hard. If everyone just did what they say they're going to do, this industry would be soooooo much better. Just give someone a price, and do the job. If you don't bid it high enough, that's your fault. People get in a bind because they aren't making enough money and cut corners and use inferior parts in order to make more. Others are just crooks. I am resolved to the fact that I will never be financially wealthy. I am wealthy in other ways. I support my wife and 2 wonderful children and I am lucky enough to be able to do what I truly love.....build engines and rig boats. I look forward to going to work everyday. If I could do it for free, I would.
Again, thank you everyone for the kind words.
Eddie