Cruisair 12-volt Air Conditioning Unit >

Cruisair 12-volt Air Conditioning Unit

Notices

Cruisair 12-volt Air Conditioning Unit

Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
...I believe that 9000 btu's for my cabin is overkill...
I would think you would want YOUR cabin VERY cold, if you know what I mean.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I can get a 9000btu unit for $1075 HERE, I believe that 9000 btu's for my cabin is overkill.
Note: There are only 1 of each in stock at that price>
Old 07-17-2008, 05:37 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Tough to run AC on 12v alone that is why most have them hooked to shore power.

However if you go that road (12v) I would add some batteries and run them through one engine (might want to get a bigger alternator) so you can idle it to charge the battery. If you gen up a Bullet space might become an issue. I know a v8 is overkill to charge batteries but the AC will suck up any battery set up you have then you need to run an engine anyway, be it gen or V8.

On my pig the two Cruiseair AC's run on shore power or on the diesel generator only. Trying to run them on an inverter through the house batteries would be to demanding on them and I have huge battery banks.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
non-diesel generators make me a little nervous around gas fumes in an engine compartment.....I think thats why most will install a diesel gen in a gas boat.

How much your honda weigh?
That is 100% backwards logic. ALL Marine gas generators have spark protection just like the gas engines do. Almost all diesel gen sets do not (I've only seen one that meets the USCG regs but I've never seen one actually installed)

A stand alone Honda Gen set won't have the protection... plenty of people use them, it isn't 'safe' but if you are careful I guess you can get away with it.

On the A/C note, I have looked at them and the one thing that kills the deal is the lack of being able to use them when the boat is on the trailer. Does anyone make a unit that would work without water?

Seems like getting the cabin cooled overnight before you run then just keeping it cool would be better than dropping the boat in the water with a hot cabin and trying to get it to cool down.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Here is another one that will run on DC power.

http://www.marineair.com/pdfs/L-2425C.pdf
Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
That is 100% backwards logic. ALL Marine gas generators have spark protection just like the gas engines do. Almost all diesel gen sets do not (I've only seen one that meets the USCG regs but I've never seen one actually installed)

A stand alone Honda Gen set won't have the protection... plenty of people use them, it isn't 'safe' but if you are careful I guess you can get away with it.

On the A/C note, I have looked at them and the one thing that kills the deal is the lack of being able to use them when the boat is on the trailer. Does anyone make a unit that would work without water?

Seems like getting the cabin cooled overnight before you run then just keeping it cool would be better than dropping the boat in the water with a hot cabin and trying to get it to cool down.

Oh yeah...i think I recall a long thread about this some time ago.

would you rather have a diesel gen that had spark protection over a gas unit...on a gas boat? or would you never mix and match no matter what?

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 07-17-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
...On the A/C note, I have looked at them and the one thing that kills the deal is the lack of being able to use them when the boat is on the trailer. Does anyone make a unit that would work without water?...
I would be tempted to engineer a self contained water reservoir system with a radiator to connect to the a/c water lines so you could run the a/c on the trailer. Just roll it out of the garage and hook it up.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Frequency
I would be tempted to engineer a self contained water reservoir system with a radiator to connect to the a/c water lines so you could run the a/c on the trailer. Just roll it out of the garage and hook it up.
This would be great..that way you can use your cabin on the way to Poker Runs at the rest areas
Old 07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered

not sure of the weight of it, but i put my honda generator on the tip of the bow when running...with exhaust pointed outward. You can't even hear it running when it's up there.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Says the 12V unit is 48 amps - that is a pretty heavy draw to sustain for hours.

Quick Reply: Cruisair 12-volt Air Conditioning Unit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.