Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many friends of yours have quit boating? >

How many friends of yours have quit boating?

Notices

How many friends of yours have quit boating?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have any friends

But 2 people that I know
Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Steve_H

bought a cheap cruiser for the summer and will probably dump it next spring for a 1950-60s something classic w/fins similar to this.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to purchase a 39 TG. Needless to say I was in the Mortgage Lending industry. Now its time to find a new career.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

Watch it Steve, I saw that boat first!

I have a friend that hasn't boated yet this year. Business is too good and he hasn't had the time.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

several people we know in our offshore club sold their boats and have not replaced them, I know others that have downsized to single engine boats. We have cut back on what we do and where we go and are opting out of some runs we have always gone on before. We still want to boat so we are being creative...........last Sunday we took 8 friends to the islands in Lake Erie our gas ran over $400.00 for the day but they covered that and the golf carts we rented on the island, plus we enjoyed the company as well
Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Steve_H

aint she a gem

like this one better

see yaa at the shootout

Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Used to run with three other boats last summer. Found I'm running by myself this summer. Not as fun running alone, but now I always have a boat full which is fun in its own right.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Im the buddy who is punking out on my boys. Been out once this year. Man I felt guilty spending the little bit of extra cash we have on gas. And to make a collection from my friends is like pulling teeth. They dont have extra money either and surely dont have the desire I have to go boating. So my boat sits in the driveway. Atleast is paid for and im not making payments for something I dont use. Im not giving up. Just hitting the pause button for now and see what happens. Oh ya I dont like the drop in thing and hanging out floating around. I bought a speed boat because I like going fast. I can hang out in the pool in the back yard with the family if I wanted to float around.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

A lot of my friends are using their big boats less and buying smaller "toys" to run around in. I personally have had an abnormal past 2 boating seasons. Last year the g/f's boat was down for repairs for 99% of the season and mine was down indefinately with an engine in the scrap yard. This year hers sold way sooner than expected and mine is currently nearing the end of the complete re rig .

To answer the original question, all of my friends are still boating, some have adapted but still have their big toys, and the rest are working their azzes off still trying to get wet yet this season.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Registered

Interesting! Most the folks we take out don't have a boat. What is the best way to get people to pitch in? Guess we have some cheap friends. My wife has a friend we picked up last year when we were pulling a 22. Now that we have a 28 picking her up is not an option! She won't even meet us at a convienient place! I told my wife ta give her friends the finger...am I wrong???

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
several people we know in our offshore club sold their boats and have not replaced them, I know others that have downsized to single engine boats. We have cut back on what we do and where we go and are opting out of some runs we have always gone on before. We still want to boat so we are being creative...........last Sunday we took 8 friends to the islands in Lake Erie our gas ran over $400.00 for the day but they covered that and the golf carts we rented on the island, plus we enjoyed the company as well

Quick Reply: How many friends of yours have quit boating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.