Notices

chicago poker run

Old 07-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Mark, thanks for all the hard work and a great time.
But there can only be one King and this yr. it was MTI, with Mr. Bubba wheelin Hammertime.
Congrats!! Next time don't make me read through 3 and half pages of posts to find that out!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
Hey, I represent that!!!!
ME TOO...No potato chip here
Old 07-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
IF YOU HAVE THAT MILLION DOLLAR PICTURE, PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYWHERE. WE NEED THAT SPECIAL PICTURE AND GROUP SHOTS FOR MAGAZINE COVERAGE.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Mark
708/207-6555
Check your email BIG Daddy
Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

WOW !! What another wonderful event we had. I'd like to thank each and every one of the people that made this event happen. From the directors, to the sponsors, the participants to the spectators, and all the volunteers that helped us make this event, another successful poker run for the Chi-Town crowd, and all the kids at Childrens Memorial hospital. THANK YOU all again.

On friday, I was helping people at the ramp, getting their boats in the water, and parking their riggs. When Kevin Sellers with the 36 Skater, the "Pammy" cat, and Bill Schumaker from Schmaker Performance, put the cat in, they said that they were gonna take her out for a little shakedown run, and asked if I'd like to come with. Well, let me tell you, that before they could change their mind, I was in the boat with a vest on. LMAO !!! This boat has always been, my favorite 36 Skater ever built, so this just made my summer.
Thank you Kevin and Bill, you guys are truely a class act. As usual, I just happen to have my camera in my hand. It was really hard trying to snap any pics after we passed 140with all the wind hittin you, BTW, I grabbed the middle back seat to shoot pics from, but I seen the GPS reaching a buck and a half, and it felt like being in a plane ready for lift off. LMAO What a rush !!! When we slowed to 110, it felt like we were going around 70. Gee, my Fountain is gonna really feel boring now.

Here's a few pics
Attached Thumbnails chicago poker run-misc00060.jpg   chicago poker run-misc00075.jpg   chicago poker run-misc00074.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-22-2008, 07:47 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Few more. We went all the way to Michigan City and back, criused between 130 and 140 most of the time, with a few "gettin on its" here and there.
Attached Thumbnails chicago poker run-misc00073.jpg   chicago poker run-misc00061.jpg   chicago poker run-misc00078.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42

Congrats!! Next time don't make me read through 3 and half pages of posts to find that out!!
Thanks big daddy, just trying to carry to E-Dock flag.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Congrats to MC and crew that were King to the Michigan City card stop. Skater Chris, your 410 ran fabulous, but you've got to remember to not slow down to 100 when someone's passing you at over a buck and a half. Wait till next year, no more "Mr niceguy" !!! On the second leg, after the helo's refueled, we headed to Chi-Town. With a giant storm cloud downpouring rain, that was in the path to the big city, we took the long way straight north, got in front of the storm, and cut back west into the city. Jim Lee with Freedom US-1, the 46 Skater, was 1st to Chicago, and running right next to us most of the way, was the Merrit brothers beautiful new 42 Fountain 850 boat with Wyatt Fountain at the wheel. Sorry guys, we just had to step it up a notch to be first into the harbor. Followed by another Shogren 42 Fountain, and the Chi-Town Hustler cat with Mark Smith at the wheel.
Thank you Jim for offering me the open seat in your boat saturday morning. Any time you guys want to take a trip back up to Chi-town, I will gladly be your "navigator" again. LMAO We finally got a little "bumpier" water when we got close to the city, and Jim was able to show me how them big cats "air out". I can't wait to see the helo footage of us running, but the helo fell back after we passed the 125 mark. Hope you enjoyed your short tour through the city with me.
Attached Thumbnails chicago poker run-misc00331.jpg   chicago poker run-misc00290.jpg   chicago poker run-misc00330.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent Medley
was just thinking the same thing.....what's up with that windshield????
Its a one-off Skater V-hull finished by Cigarette. Its affectionately known as the "Skaterette".
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

10x it's AWESOME that you got to ride in 2 different bad a$$ cats

If you get to pick where you sit with twin canopies, pick the outside. That wind in the middle can be a biotch
Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
10x it's AWESOME that you got to ride in 2 different bad a$$ cats

If you get to pick where you sit with twin canopies, pick the outside. That wind in the middle can be a biotch
Hey Big Bubba, I learned the hard way, but, I'd do it all over again, and sit in the same seat.

You E-Dock guys rock.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: chicago poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.