NEW Bravo I XR Sport Master Picture >

NEW Bravo I XR Sport Master Picture

Notices

NEW Bravo I XR Sport Master Picture

Old 02-28-2002, 12:40 PM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb NEW Bravo I XR Sport Master Picture

Now available, the New Sportmaster Bravo I XR! Now the handling and performance options of the Number six Drive is available with the Sport Master gearcase option on select Bravo I XR Drives. e-mail us today for pricing and availability!

New Bravo One XR Sport Master Drives
--All-New Precision CNC Machined High Performance Gearcase
--Standard and I.T.S. Models Available

Fond du Lac, WI – The precise handling and performance characteristics of the legendary Mercury Racing Six drive is now available with the new Sport Master gearcase option on select Bravo One XR drives.
The Bravo One XR Sport Master gearcase features CAD solid modeled CNC machined, satin-finished aluminum housing which is more consistent and reliable than nosecone kits added on to production Bravo One gearcase housings. The Bravo One XR Sport Master drive features a redesigned gearcase bolt-mounting flange for enhanced drive strength and durability.
The new Bravo One XR Sport Master gearcase, designed for boats capable of reaching speeds in excess of 90 mph, provides superior hydrodynamics, enhanced by a
longer torpedo which raises the blowout speed. The four-slot, low-water pickup provides the best compromise of engine cooling while reducing debris ingestion.
Both the standard and short models feature a modified wedge skeg shape patterned after the race-proven Dry-Sump Six drive skeg. The new skeg design features a larger overall surface area, including an additional two inches in length when compared
to a standard Bravo One XR skeg. Precision CNC machining the one-piece gearcase
housing and skeg provides a skeg that is perfectly straight and symmetrical – for enhanced directional stability and improved handling at higher speeds.
The strut on the “short” Bravo One XR Sport Master gearcase is two inches shorter than standard Bravo One XR Sport Master and production gearcases. The shorter

-more-
Bravo One XR Sport Master/Page 2

strut reduces the crankshaft to propshaft centerlines by two inches, allowing the drive to be mounted at surface piercing heights, improving boat handling and overall performance in select applications. Both standard and short models feature a bolt-on splash plate over the propeller. The aluminum splash plate features a sacrificial anode for added corrosion protection.
Available in standard length and short models, the new Bravo One XR Sport Master drives are available with select HP500 EFI, HP525 EFI and HP575 SCi engine packages. Drives sold with engine packages are available with a standard transom plate assembly or the new Integrated Transom System (I.T.S.) and 1.26:1 or 1.35:1 gear ratios in right-hand or left-hand rotation. Standard and short Bravo One XR Sport Master drives and gearcases are also available as accessories. Accessory drives are available for both standard transom plate and I.T.S. applications.
Bravo One XR Sport Master drives feature the same race-derived, heavy-duty internal components as standard XR drives, including a one-piece billet aluminum bearing carrier and stainless steel propshaft.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Bravo I XR Sport Master Picture-outdrive.jpg  
Old 02-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

i'm very excited about Mercury's addition to their line. matching the sportmaster up with Mercury's new 525EFI motor will provide a high performance package with great reliability.

chad
Old 02-28-2002, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Troutly

I wonder wich will be better priced the new merc lower or the IMCO extreme lower. I am pretty sure the IMCO will bolt to an XZ.

WILL
Old 02-28-2002, 03:27 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Troutly,
I am waiting patiently for pricing on just the lower housing. Should have it on Monday. So many of my OSO buddies can just upgrade there XR or XZ drives lower housing. As of right now I have pricing on a complete lower assembly Retail is $6,167.00 for the standard length and $6,500.00 for the 2 inch shorter version. As soon as I have pricing I will POST!
Old 02-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Registered

Default Speedo pickup??

Mike, Does this lower plumb for the "factory" speedo pickup or do you have to use a transom pickup with the change?

At $6k isn't that about double the Imco lower??

I know you reported 4mph or so on a 100+ mph cat over the Imco lower. Is there any other testing? 4 mph on that kind of speeds can be found day to day without changing the boat at all due to a myriad of other variables- you know that. Can you verify this was done with the same x dimensions?

I'm not trying to poo-poo Merc's new lower, I'm glad they are stepping up. I just live too close to Missouri- the "show me" state. I'm sure our OSO brothers are hungry for as much info as they can get to make an educated decision.

Thanks for being an industry leader in bringing us up to speed.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

almost looks like a IMCO,bet it is double the price

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Registered

Goodfella,
Your post got longer by a couple hundred words since you first posted it.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:03 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

First off THANKSagain Board God #2
for the help in typing
Catitude, There are a couple of factors that make the Mercury
housing better than the Imco. It is a CNC piece it is not sand casted. I have seen Imco's lower housings where the propshaft was tweaked either to the port side or starboard(Check yours).Also you have to remember that the skeg design that is on the new Merc housing originally came from Herring when they were welding skegs on Mercs #6 non wedge housing. The only boat manufacture that I know of that have run these housings is Jay at Spectre Powerboats. The question about the speedo p/u in the drive is a good one but everybody these days should be running a GPS speedo. Water pressurized speedos are old hat. Always remember this THE MERCURY GOD Has and always will test the competitors product before they manufacture there own. They let all the other companies do the R/D and then they just make it better and charge a little bit more becaues it saysMercruiser
Old 02-28-2002, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$333 more for less material in the 2" shorter unit. That's about right.?
Old 02-28-2002, 10:15 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Very Good Cobra Marty!
Yes the internal components are all priced out the same other than the actual housing. Also Merc is offering them in standard ratio 1.50-1 or 1.35-1 or 1.26-1.